Making the move from Verizon to Sprint

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I just moved from Sprint to Verizon and I don't think I've got more than 2 bars yet :(
If you would ever leave the basement, your signal would improve.

Seriously though, maybe your phone has an issue. I travel the western states constantly, and I have good signal nearly everywhere. Except Wyoming.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Mine was good, I will definitely go back. I have verified my plan with verizon customer support and the verizon wireless website.

Which diamond wireless did you go to? My 4s is all but useless thanks to this crappy new OS that I should have never downloaded. I'm looking at getting one of the new droids sometime this week, wouldn't mind going to a store that I know can get around this.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have been doing cell coverage surveys for a company and they look at sprint, att and verizon and from what I have seen lately att has the best coverage and faster network... I have been doing these surveys all over the salt lake valley and next week I will be doing them in the utah county, davis and logan.... there was only one place that verizon was faster and I usually never see a sprint signal that is worth using...

so if your looking to jump to another carrier I would suggest att!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
He drives trucks. 17 gigs would be pretty easy to use if you used it for all your monthly data.
Yup. Pandora, Netflix, RME. Pandora burns it up quick. That's also why I got the bigger screen.

I went to the Diamond in the middle of fashion place mall. After having several different androids, I would absolutely go with a Samsung. I have the Note 2 and I love it. It's fast and problem free. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is probably the best phone out there right now.

A lot of people think my phone is too big. I got used to the size quickly. GTA3 Is awesome on it.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yup. Pandora, Netflix, RME. Pandora burns it up quick. That's also why I got the bigger screen.

I went to the Diamond in the middle of fashion place mall. After having several different androids, I would absolutely go with a Samsung. I have the Note 2 and I love it. It's fast and problem free. The Samsung Galaxy S4 is probably the best phone out there right now.

A lot of people think my phone is too big. I got used to the size quickly. GTA3 Is awesome on it.

Thanks for the feed back, that's actually the diamond wireless I was planning to go to so that is great. As far as phones I've actually been looking at the S4 or the LG G2. A friend of mine has the G2 and its a really neat phone, prior to your suggestion I was really leaning toward the S4 just on what I've read. Think that's what I'll be going with

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have been doing cell coverage surveys for a company and they look at sprint, att and verizon and from what I have seen lately att has the best coverage and faster network... I have been doing these surveys all over the salt lake valley and next week I will be doing them in the utah county, davis and logan.... there was only one place that verizon was faster and I usually never see a sprint signal that is worth using...

so if your looking to jump to another carrier I would suggest att!

If I didn't have the unlimited data still I would probably jump ship, I've been less than impressed with my Verizon service lately. Also we have the Verizon mifi hotspots for our work computers and they are unreliable as hell, speeds also seem to vary a ton and they have a hard time staying on 4G

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The S4 is awesome, and should be even faster than mine. It's Very popular, which means you can pick up a case for it anywhere. You will want a case with some texture or rubberized backing. Mine was slippery until I got a case on it.