Mancheboys Jeep Comanche

Well, my name is Craig O'Brien and I live in Layton, Utah. But thats not important, what is though, is that i drive a 1990 Jeep Comanche, its a multicolored sport truck for now, and its got the 4.0, 5 Speed, np231 Tcase and D30/D35.
I bought my Jeep Comanche in pretty rough shape in October of 2013, And the only pictures I have of it are when i went offroading that weekend, and.. well.. I wont try and explain..
IMG_0820.jpg

After breaking my LCA mount on my axle, about a month later, I bought a Cherokee just for a 'new' axle, and long story short, Its under the knife with a lift kit of an unkown actual size, I've designed custom bumpers for it, and i have a Bejing 2500 Front end for it that is going on now.. and im also painting it white.
2500.jpg
Thats how she sits as of a few hours ago.

Mancheboy

In China, they continued to Produce the Cherokee after it was discontinued here in the states, and it was the Bejing 2500, and also a few other names. the main differences were the front end, the tail lights, and then some different trim.. still the same generic box shape, just.. modernized.

corbin.black

Can't wait to see the finished MJ.
the chinese XJ's literally look like the XJ and WJ reproduced :rofl:
Beijing_Jeep_2500_Cherokee_facelift_01_China_2012-04-14.jpg

B2-Bomber

Glad to see you here!

At first I felt bad for relentlessly giving you the moniker of "manche-boy" but you seem to have embraced it ; )

Mancheboy

Seems to have stuck! Hope your Jeep makes it to the next meet! Give me a call if you need help since I no longer have ski season

So when is this next meet? I may need more time than that, Still finding parts to get, and my funds dont get here as fast as i want, so i have to wait..

or, unfortunately, a girlfriend taking my time.

Uhh.. does that mean what i think it does?

Mancheboy

Well, I knew that the Previous Owner did some Crap work, After fixing the 'Frame" damage and straightening what looked like a frontal collision, I removed all this Foam tape the guy used to help seal up the cab instead of replacing the door seals. Upon removing all of the tape, and the few Mickey moused fixes to the door jam, I found this
Door Jam 1.jpg
Door Jam.jpg
It looks as if he hooked a towstrap up to the striker and pulled it off, and to repair it he had a bunch of self taping screws and a flat piece of steal.. Im not to comfortable with that, so since i wanted to convert to the 97+ Doors for the full windows, im going to replace the door jam with what i cut out of a 98 2Door Cherokee so i can have the correct Door striker. Then ill do sort of the same thing on the other side.. Now i just gotta find my new doors so i can make sure itl all line up.