South-West Utah Memorial Day StG (Sand Hollow)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
We'll be down there 5/24-27. I hope to see some of you there! Let's get a list of who is going.

I also wouldn't mind talking to some of you about other trail suggestions for our group and even running trails with you.

Here is a list of the trails we've done and what I think of them so you can get an idea of what I like and maybe make suggestions.

West Rim - I love this trail but mainly because of the view, optional obstacles and the fact it leads to The Maze
The Maze - An awesome trail that I find exciting but not extremely challenging. It's a StG staple for me, I'll run it every trip.
Sliplock Gulch - Such a fun, action-packed trail. Quite possibly my favorite trail in StG. Even better at night!
Nasty Half - A very exciting trail, right up my alley for a difficult trail... until I got wedged and broke a window. I'd like to complete it this trip.
Smurfette - A fun trail, not too terribly difficult but also not boring by any means.
John's Trail - I didn't think much of this trail. Maybe we missed obstacles or something...?
Milt's Mile - We ran this backwards by accident and I wasn't very impressed.
Renegade Trail - Also seemed pretty dull but maybe we missed something...?

Thanks guys!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I will be moved down there by then and would love to wheel with you. A couple more that you might like are Double Sammy that offers some nice obstacles and cool few of the lake most of the trail. Chain reaction is also a great trail. Bottom section is worst than top section. I like to do the top part myself. I wont go into the bottom section. Some really big obstacle that put lots of stress on axles. There is new trail I have not been on that I want to do that is called Planned B that is on the very back side of sand hollow. We would need someone to show us where that is. Hope to wheel with you and your Sweet rig.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Heck yeah, I'm always happy to add an XJ to our group!

I was reading about Double Sammy & Chain Reaction and I am definitely interested. I have the .gpx for Chain Reaction but it doesn't differentiate between Lower & Upper. I also saw some stuff about Plan B but there isn't much info. Thinking about heading down there makes me :)

I will be moved down there by then and would love to wheel with you. A couple more that you might like are Double Sammy that offers some nice obstacles and cool few of the lake most of the trail. Chain reaction is also a great trail. Bottom section is worst than top section. I like to do the top part myself. I wont go into the bottom section. Some really big obstacle that put lots of stress on axles. There is new trail I have not been on that I want to do that is called Planned B that is on the very back side of sand hollow. We would need someone to show us where that is. Hope to wheel with you and your Sweet rig.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Just thought of this but if you are willing to drive a little bit there a sweet trail that few people know about by Gunlock reservoir. We could do that on one of the days. It will be an all day affair if everything goes smoothly.