Miller Motorsports Park Short Course Event

Impulse Off Road

Impulse Offroad
Vendor
Here is a question for RME Members. If I was able to put an event together at Miller Motorsports Park on Friday August 12th from 4:00pm to 8:00 pm that allowed participants to bring their Jeeps, Toyotas,Dodge, Ford, Chevy, utv's, etc. out to the MMP facility to run on the dirt Short Course used for Lucas Oils Races, who would come? Does this type of event interest you guys? Kurt Hildebrand from TeraFlex brought out his 2 door Pre Runner JK last week and had an absolute blast driving around the course and I wanted to see if there was demand by the public for this. On our Lucas regional days you are required to abide by all of their safety rules. This open event would be watched over by the Daugherty's from Lucas Oil. If they feel that you were traveling too fast for the safety items that your vehicle has they will slow you down. Seat belts, factory roll cage or full top would be required plus a helmet. What would not be required is a Fuel Cell, 5 point harness seat belts, and a Lucas spec roll cage. This would be your chance to see if participating/competing in the Lucas Regional Series would be of interest to you without spending all of the money upfront for the safety items. This is also open to UTV's with the factory roll cage, seats and seat belts. Please post up if this woudl be of interest to you and post any questions or concerns you have. The cost would be about $50.00 per vehicle to participate

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
That sounds like so much fun! Boy, the best vehicle I could bring out there would my wife's V8 4Runner... but I don't think she'd let that one happen. :rofl:

LucasRegionalUt

change in MMP weekend event

Due to a scheduling conflict at Miller Motorsports park this weekend I regretfully have to say that the Friday, Aug. 12, night event has to be cancelled. The Saturday open practice will continue as scheduled from 10 am till 4pm. I apologize for the short notice and hope that everyone is still able to come out and run the track on Saturday. To all the racers that were coming out on Friday for the MMP sponsered "Self Tech" event, you are welcome to and we hope that you will still come out on Saturday; we will group the "self tech" classes together so that they will ample time on the track. Our tech crew will be on hand to go over any concerns or questions you may have for the Lucas Oil Regional Series specs.

Again, we apologize for the scheduling conflict, but we know that Saturday will be a great day of racing and all the trucks, buggies, UTV's and Trophy karts will get some great track time. We will have some great sponsored prizes for the day during the event. The time will be from 10am till 4pm and the cost will run $50/$75.

Hope to see you all there for a great day!!! If anyone has any questions please feel free to email at carrie@lucasoiloffroad.com . See you Saturday!!!​

Impulse Off Road

Impulse Offroad
Vendor
Everything is a go for this Saturday.
Details
Where: MMP Off Road Short Course
Time:10:00am-4:00pm
Other needed info: There will be a mud run happening at MMP during this event. All people coming from I-80 will be able to come to the track as usual and will be able to enter normally through the main gate. The main road (sheep lane)will be closed if you are coming to the track from tooele or from the south, between Deseret Peaks and the south entrance of MMP. You will be rerouted around the track and will come back from the north and will be able to enter the park through the main gate. There are nice restrooms near the course and ACE Cafe will be open with food.

Proceed through the track headed west to the short course.

Details: Normal Lucas tech will not apply to this event. You will sign waivers and will self tech yourself. If you dont have a roof or if you dont have a cage you will not be able to run. UTV's and trophy karts are also welcome this weekend. If you have a utv you must have the factory rollcage and seatbelts. You will be grouped with vehicles similiar to what you bring. Vehicles that pass Lucas tech will also be running this weekend.

Please post any final questions as soon as you can so that I can answer them before Friday.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
So... where the heck were all the RME'ers at this event? Bob B and myself were the only 2 out there that I could find... There were a few karts, a really cool UTV, a handful of tough trucks, and a VW-ish rail out there with us. Needless to say, we had lots of track time!

Anyways, it was a lot of fun! Thanks to Lucas, MMP, and Impulse Williams for letting us play on the track!:D

[YOUTUBE]c_MeLYKPOOk[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]DEwvJj-Ug0g[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]xm7SCKvZiKE[/YOUTUBE]