Mineral Basin October 27th

06blackse

Who is up for a day of offroading the last weekend (October 27th) of the month? I am thinking maybe Mineral Basin (haven't been up there yet) in american fork canyon, anyone is welcome to join. Let me know if anyone is wanting to come, I can get up to 8
vehicles
(after mine of course) in the canyon (3-day passes) at no cost to the driver, any additional vehicles will have to pay the 6 dollar entrance fee to the canyon.

Let me know via email (jbruse@me.com) or text (801 631 9039) so I can get a general headcount for passes into the canyon

army88m(josh)

it this a trail that a stock 89 jeep wrangler can do...i would love to go but im a new guy at all this trailin thing here in utah still need to be shown the ropes if your willin to teach a new guy....im in...

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
it this a trail that a stock 89 jeep wrangler can do...i would love to go but im a new guy at all this trailin thing here in utah still need to be shown the ropes if your willin to teach a new guy....im in...

I think as long as you have the right attitude and someone that is on the trail is willing to spot you, you will do just fine. This is actually a great trail to learn on and to learn what you want to do to your rig. I wish I could wheel this trail in a stock wrangler because it would be really fun.

army88m(josh)

no it has a lift but its not a true suspension lift it has the brackets in the front and back they are like 10 in. long so it has a little bit of a lift to it and i have 31 x 10.5 tires on it....but i wanna learn with it like this now and taking some advance from one of the other guys on here "bear taylor" drive it the way it is and learn what your rig can do then when you break something or figure out how you wanna set up your truck do it then.....

Omgbecki

Hmm. This is almost to tempting to miss. I've been up there a few times. Haven't done anything since installing my rear locker.

There are a couple spots that I don't think I would run a "stock" Jeep. I know a very skilled driver got hung on some rocks last time we did a group thing but that was at night also. No shame in taking it slow and a strap or two.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
2 years ago I did the entire trail without any bypasses a few times on just 31's, but the Jeep is far from stock and I have a longer wheelbase. I wouldn't go unless you absolutely do not mind being drug over stuff and have money to fix it if you break.

06blackse

This absolutely sucks, just found out yesterday that I have to go out of town for work to replace a co worker that they are firing and I don't get back in town until the 2nd of November. Sorry guys I have been trying to get out of this from the time I found out about it. I really want to do this trail bad, I want to put the Nissan through its paces but I guess I'm gonna have to wait on that one now. Sorry about that

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
This absolutely sucks, just found out yesterday that I have to go out of town for work to replace a co worker that they are firing and I don't get back in town until the 2nd of November. Sorry guys I have been trying to get out of this from the time I found out about it. I really want to do this trail bad, I want to put the Nissan through its paces but I guess I'm gonna have to wait on that one now. Sorry about that

There are plenty of other places you can explore.

zukijames

any trip report did anyone go?

did forest lake on the 28th it was awesome!

forest lake and mineral basin were my first ever rock crawling..

samurai stock gears and carb with 30inch tires .. went up forestlake at night .. camped then woke up and went and did mineral basin.

i was the only rig.. no winch ... so no straps were taken.. just have to take your time and think about your line.. a good spotter helps