Mineral Basin Workparty a Success!!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
The work party today was a success! I was with the group planting trees, hopefully Alan
or someone from the fence group will tell us how that part of the work went.

We managed to get 400 of the 500 trees planted. Most of them went in the ground in a parallel road (now blocked off) to help vegetate it. Man that ground was rocky! DemonJeep and I went up further to the site of the huge tree that fell across the road and planted more trees in the bypass route. The large tree is now along side the road (like a guardrail) instead of blocking it.

Notes:
1) Still pissed off the bypass is still open. Saw ATV tracks in it.
2) Can't understand why the FS can't seem to do anything about it.
3) We need to have a rock rolling party sans FS! Many more opportunities to get some good ones in the trail.
4) Will return the 100 trees back to the nursery and try to see if they will trade them for some aspens for the bypass.

EZ

WJL

I was on the fence crew. It seemed that the FS was happy. The first fence was 110' long and took about 2and half to 3 hours. The other 2 were 30 and 40 feet.
FS was saying it would take a crew of 2 persons to do the first section about a week.
Ground was real rocky and difficult to dig in.
We got to see a bull Moose pretty cool also very big.

I think IMO it was good can't hurt to help.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I have a bunch of pics I'll post later tonight! It was awsome, the FS reps we were workin with were very grateful to have all the help. Even though the ground was rocky, the tree planting went quickly. Rangers Scotty and Jen (Last name ??) were fun to work and talk with. In the eyes of the FS, the overall image of wheelers greatly improved.

The weather was somewhat damp, but cleared and the sun came out after the work was done .The Rockgarden was put to the test! A Unimog even showed up to wheel!!

A big thanks to everyone that helped!!! :D

Greg

Admin
One of the Fenced areas, I believe there were 4 total. ATV's had been cutting under the road just to go thru the river. The FS folks told us that a few Beaver Dams were abandoned due to the illegal travel.

Greg

Admin
Ranger Scotty in the foreground and the Webelos from Ogden in the background. It was great to have a bunch of 10 year old boys, the Adults did the hole digging and the Scouts were happy to plant the trees!

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
We also had a great time. That trail was KILLER the rain added a special challenge that was a welcome test.

Randy will post some picks of our rock rolling fest;)

harkinoff

something to do...
from what I here, the yellow unimog and the four runner were already rolling some of the big boulders out of the way, I guess we need to roll some bigger ones next time:p

Last edited:
Originally posted by harkinoff
from what I here, the yellow unimog and the four runner were already rolling some of the big boulders out of the way, I guess we need to roll some bigger ones next time:p

Rolling to make it easier or natural rolling from vehicle passage (flipping out from tire, dragged under axle, etc)?