Mineral Basin Workparty a Success!!

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
No Brett, rolling them off the trail. I decided to hike all the way down to the rockgarden from the huge deadfall tree bypass up further (when we were planting), and noticed a couple rocks over the side that had smashed some of the grass down as they went down. It had to be the two young turds in the 4runner and 'Mog. By the way he was talking, I could tell they had no business being up there. 4 street tires, no lockers and no sense, either.

EZ

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
We need to have a rock rolling party right before the gate gets locked. That way the rocks will stay in place throughout the winter and might become more likly to stay where they are. Now the rocks are loose and can be easly moved around. After a runoff they may not be.

Most people just do the rock pile and turn around. So we should make the first filter a little harder and then make them harder in stages after the rock pile.

Also, Signage is a must! some of the New Rock put at the old by passes just look like "playgroungs" to me,,,.
When we ride out 4 wheelers in the Uintas the are alot of those skinny brown sighs that say "closed to "offroad use" , Revegatition Rehab bala, bala ,bala,,," We Need Those Signs.

I had a great time. It has been along time since the Garden has been that challenging (sp). And the first filter was a great play area... We spent almost 2 hours between the two ares,,, (due to someone getting stuck :rolleyes: )

Ryan

Originally posted by Shawn
We need to have a rock rolling party right before the gate gets locked.

Is there a set date they close the gate every year? Seems like there is if I remember right, but I haven't really noticed the last couple of years.

xjc

I give up :(
We had a great time! I brought the scouts up to give them some experience with planting trees and with some wheelin. Things couldn't have worked out better. The weather provided some puddles to splash through and made the tree planting allot easier.

I appreciate the excellent atittudes of everyone up there. Everyone was working hard and realy wanted to do something good. We got more work done than a thousand enviro-geeks could have (I am not sure how they would have moved the rocks or got their equipment up there:) ) by the time they hiked up there and got done chanting and singing happy songs it would have been time to head back to their subarus and go home.

We needed a mog to move rocks. The big yellow one up there apparently wasn't all that much help. A mog could move rocks that are not moveable by any other vehicle and can't be driven over. I might have a chance to buy one this winter but nothing for sure.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Shawn
Depending on the snow, I know it is open until after the deer hunt.
November 1st??

I was up there past Thanksgiving last year, when it was just dumping insane amounts of snow in a few days. We made it above the Pacific Mine area and both proceeded to get stuck in about 5 feet of fresh snow (Serious, we checked!). We eventually got out and headed back only to have my truck end up on its lid further down the road, from being dumb.

I think if we wanted tte rocks to settle over the winter, we have to get up there a few weeks before the snow hits the high altitudes. The gates would lock a few weeks after that, I think.

rustybronco

Flat Land Offroader
You guys are awesome! I'm out here dying wishing I could be with you helping out. I started out on atv's up AF canyon when the rocks were still there and hardly anybody went up. I don't know how many times I rode to the snowbird chair lifts. I watched the trails get rundown and closed, RIP Pittsburgh Lake. When I was 16 I got my 3 wheeler up to pittsburgh and walked across the ice. I can't wait to get back there and see what you guys have accommplished in person! Don't stop now, you're just getting started!