Mineral Basin

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Ok, I think that we'll just run with the NAXJA group, sounds as if we'd be leaving at about the same time anyway, so may as well run it together too.
Meet at the Tribble Fork Reservoir at 10am.
Directions are: Go up American Fork Canyon, a little past Tempinogis Cave there is a fork, turn left and follow that up to the reservoir.

SammiGrrl

big, blue, & beautiful
What the heck is a grocery getter? If it's going to be a big group, I might just go later in the day and do a solo run. My sammi's pretty stock and I don't want to hold anyone up... and I just don't like big groups period... How many are expected to show?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by SRN
Ok, I think that we'll just run with the NAXJA group, sounds as if we'd be leaving at about the same time anyway, so may as well run it together too.
Meet at the Tribble Fork Reservoir at 10am.
Directions are: Go up American Fork Canyon, a little past Tempinogis Cave there is a fork, turn left and follow that up to the reservoir.

There seems to be about 20 XJ's in the NAXJA group. I'll be detained {I just learned last night} by other things until at least 12:00 or so, so I can't do any introductions or anything.

If I were you guys, I'd probably head out of the parking lot area about 9 so you don't get stuck in a large group like that.........

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Originally posted by Brad Yates
ps. if anyone would be kind enough to slice my rear passenger tire i'd be very grateful.

I'll help a brother out. Except I don't think I'll make the run, I need to find out what that clicking is coming from my front tire. Why do you want your tire sliced? Well, maybe I'll make the run and then fix my jeep. We'll see. Have you fixed your t-case problems yet?
Devin

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
Originally posted by DevinB

I'll help a brother out. Except I don't think I'll make the run, I need to find out what that clicking is coming from my front tire. Why do you want your tire sliced? Well, maybe I'll make the run and then fix my jeep. We'll see. Have you fixed your t-case problems yet?
Devin

my tires are in pretty bad shape and i figure i better cash in on the road hazard thing before i go on my mission and get some brand new tires. while you're at it slice the other 3. and my spare :D. (no t-case still fawked).

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Originally posted by Brad Yates

my tires are in pretty bad shape and i figure i better cash in on the road hazard thing before i go on my mission and get some brand new tires. while you're at it slice the other 3. and my spare :D. (no t-case still fawked).

Your tires appeared to be like new when I saw them last week. I'm sure we can think of something to make it look like it was the road that caused the sidewall to rip. Brian blew out a sidewall up AF Canyon, so I know it's possible. :D Wanna meet up before going up the canyon Sat. morning? Maybe we can get that Shar chick to come. You bringing anyone?
Devin

Brad Yates

airwalks are cool
Originally posted by DevinB

Your tires appeared to be like new when I saw them last week. I'm sure we can think of something to make it look like it was the road that caused the sidewall to rip. Brian blew out a sidewall up AF Canyon, so I know it's possible. :D Wanna meet up before going up the canyon Sat. morning? Maybe we can get that Shar chick to come. You bringing anyone?
Devin
hehehe... it's gonna be sweet driving out of there with 5 blown sidewalls. you think 4WP is gonna be suspicious? and let's totally get some girls. i'm smooth talk Shar and convince Katy to ditch work (or maybe Jamie is free :D). i'll just meet at your place at 9am.

MR.CJ-7

Your Realtor
I'll be up for a run to mineral basin if I can get my CJ up and going by then. Right now I have the gas tank out of it, fighting a rust in the tank problem thanks to the Maverik gas from Lehi last time SRN and I went out to rattlesnake. I have the new parts, hopefully I'll have the time to put them in!

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Lookin like we've got a good crew lined up here. Lets change it slightly to avoid the Grocery Getters: Meet at Tibble Fork Reservoir @ 9:30am on Saturday. Oh, and on a side note, I've only run this once, so if any of you guys have run this before, you guidance will be invaluable!

J

jeff cardall

Originally posted by SRN
Lookin like we've got a good crew lined up here. Lets change it slightly to avoid the Grocery Getters: Meet at Tibble Fork Reservoir @ 9:30am on Saturday. Oh, and on a side note, I've only run this once, so if any of you guys have run this before, you guidance will be invaluable!
SRN, what ya drivin so we can look for ya so we get the right group,we be in big yellow samurai:p

Klif01

Do I bother you?
I will be there at 9:30 driving a red toyta, so what is this trail like? I don't want to hold anyone up like I did on r-snake brad etc

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Klif01
I will be there at 9:30 driving a red toyta, so what is this trail like? I don't want to hold anyone up like I did on r-snake brad etc

You'll be fine. It mostly makes Rattlesnake look hard.........

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
MB is nothing. I did it in a stock samurai when WHEN it was harder back in like 2000. Sounds like a bounch O people are goin. Maybe we should split the group. The NAXJA people and the samurai people + others. Anyone one to try forrest lake while everyone else is on MB?? Also anyone what to follow me or may I follow someone goin from Salt lake. Maybe someting like 9 at somewhere :confused:

mbryson

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Klif01

Which one, old rattlesnake or the current one?

Is there a difference? You should be fine.......The Forest Lake trail will flex you out a little, but Mineral Basin won't be too tough (depending on winter) with the exception of the 'rock garden'........