Mineral basin

demon jeep

Banned
Bob dog and I went up mineral basin, the rock gaden was good, the rocks due south of that were fun to play on(just ask bob heheh). but the part of the trail that I was not happy with was up
about half to snow bird. It is hart to explain the area, the it in all the willow area and it makes a small left turn and the ground was always wet and red. there was a boulder that you had to navagate with out hitting a out cropping rock on the other side it was a funn area. all the rock are piled off the trail we just need to
put them in the trail with a wench. Above the rock garden the trail is really smooth there is a few origanal areas. People are allready moving rocks in the garden to get through, a sand rail made it all the way to the top. we need alot more rocks:)
Thought that this info would be helpful in getting things back to better than normal.

demon jeep

P.S. the garden made me use my wench:D

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Hopefully when we add the signs, we can make the point that the larger rocks need to STAY PUT! Didn't you say there was a Land Rover that winched one of the bigger rocks out of the way, so it could get thru the Rockgarden? People need to learn how to drive or go home.

I know exactally where your talking about Mark, that was a really fun, technical spot. We'll get it taken care of! :D

Yup, there's lots of easy trails for those that can't handle the Garden. Rocks are gonna move, hell, the Freak was movin' them just crawlin' through.

Rover, huh? S'pose he thought he was doin' us all a favor.

Folks are gonna be ignorant, hopefully the signs will help.

Plus, we're just gonna have to help Mother Nature from time to time :D ;) :D

Remember, it's easier on your winch to roll a boulder than to drag it (just like a tire)...hook the cable to a looped chain that goes over the top of the boulder, down the back, and then underneath and back forward with the ends of the chain on either side of the boulder. The ends then can be secured to trees (straps) or other rocks. Be sure to stay the hell out of the way.

It's best to use a couple of pulleys to do this, 1) to get your rig out of harm's way (first pulley) and 2) to double the power (2nd pulley, on rock).

Use tree straps to hook the cable/pulley to trees.

And stay the hell outta the way. :D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I have a feeling that after Saturday the 7th, this road will be what we are looking for;)

The 2&3 foot size rocks are easy for your "weekend" fourwheeler to move, but lets see what happens when a few car size rock happen to fall:cool:

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
You know, last week I was doing some fencing repairs and using pre-mixed concrete (just add h20). It's only 79 cents a bag.....maybe we should concrete some of those rocks in place so they don't roll away......:D

Demon-
I think Shawn is going to take care of that upper area. I was a little disappointed to find that that section wasn't restored. I was specific with Andy (the Hoe opeator), but I wonder if the FS told him not to put those back? An obstacle in the willows would be sweet, it would be a do or die because you can't go around it there.

Bring chain, straps, prybars, gloves, and winches for the rockathon on the 7th!

E
Z