Mint 400, anyone going?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
The Mint 400 is coming up in March, racing on Friday March 8th and Saturday March 9th. The Mint runs right outside of Primm, NV. There are 4 spectator areas, we're thinking about heading down and spectating for the race, anyone else going or know any locals that are racing?

Greg

Admin
I could be convinced. I wouldn't make it Friday but I could be down Saturday about noon.

I'd assume the racing action will still be going for a few more hours, looks like the race course closes at 5 PM.

I think we'll be camping in the desert somewhere; probably drive down Friday camp in the desert, spectate Saturday and head home on Sunday morning. I'd love to camp in or around the Mojave Preserve, Searchlight, Cima, Kelso, etc. That's a beautiful area.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Hrm, we might have to try and find a way to get there earlier. The boy wants to go too.

How do tickets work, were you going to spend time at the start/finish line or just find a spot in the desert to set up or what?

Greg

Admin
The boy wants to go too. How do tickets work, were you going to spend time at the start/finish line or just find a spot in the desert to set up or what?

You have to spectate in designated areas and buy a ticket for your preferred area. Tickets are $40 per day, per area (if you want to move.) Buy in advance and they guarantee you a place to park.

I was thinking about spectating at 3 and/or 4.

There are a lot of rules for spectators, so beware!

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
They are saying the passes sell out fast for the spectator spots. Can we not just pick a spot in the desert to camp and watch?

Greg

Admin
They are saying the passes sell out fast for the spectator spots. Can we not just pick a spot in the desert to camp and watch?

I don't know how close to the race course you can get doing that, it sounds like they're pretty strict with security so it may not be easy to do.

That said, I've never been... always wanted to, but can't say if that's actually an option. I'd recommend reading about spectators on the Mint website.

Greg

Admin
I got a spectator pass for Spec 3 on Saturday, sounds like we're going to drive down on Friday, spectate Saturday and head home Sunday.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I won’t be down at the Mint but am going down to spend a few days with a friend who is wintering in Parker over the same weekend as the Legacy Racing Parker 500 the end of this month.

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Sounds like a great place to watch. Any plans to wheel the area and explore, or is everything off limits during the race weekend?

Greg

Admin
Sounds like a great place to watch. Any plans to wheel the area and explore, or is everything off limits during the race weekend?

I don't know how much actual wheelin there is around there, but I'm sure the race course will be off limits. There are dirt roads South of the freeway and away from the race course that could be fun to explore, but I'm not planning on wheelin much. Our plan is to take the F150 with the camper in the back, so we're going to take it easy.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I got a spectator pass for Spec 3 on Saturday, sounds like we're going to drive down on Friday, spectate Saturday and head home Sunday.
So apparently there's nothing stopping a fella from parking up on about any old patch of desert you can see the track from - except we'll be showing up late and have NO idea what's a good spot to watch from? Probably spend a little time scouting spots while we're down there and save that idea for another year.

We'll likely show up lateish Saturday morning, if we make it. I'll get a parking pass for Spec 3, we won't get to park next to you but we'll find you, and we'll plan on throwing up the tents wherever you go back to Saturday night.

edit - $9 shipping. WTF.

1707683506995.png