MJ Bed Dent Repair Advice

Gawynz

The bed of my project truck has several golfball-ish sized dents along the top, any advice on cleaning it up? I can't reach it from the inside, so I was thinking a stud welder/puller followed by hammering it down straight as I can, then finish it with hopefully a small amount of filler during the paint process. Before I head this route I'm curious what if there are better ideas?

20230924_082532.jpg

20230924_082518.jpg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I do not play a body man on TV, but have a friend who owns a body shop and have talked a lot about body repair. :p. Without acesss.....outside of replacing a bedside, about the only option is pulling it, hammering the edges and smoothing with filler is the only option I can think of.

Gawynz

Thanks for all the feedback. I like the bedcap idea, I'll have to look into that. @mbryson thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that, I'll reach out if I go that direction.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My son was down at the neighbor's business with his Comanche when he first put it together and the neighbor fired up his monster fork lift and backed in to his back bed and shoved his truck across the yard. It damaged the bed so much that I found another bed. We couldn't get mad at him since he gave him the truck in the first place.

STAG

On my grind
Personally I hate stud welders and I’d be leaning towards cutting the spot welds, removing the bedside panel from the rest of the bed and then hammer and dolly with the panel in a comfortable position. Then paint the inside of the panel and the mating bedside panel while the panel is off.