moab 4/24-26 area bfe

Bluecrush

The Great Scorpion
day one we wanted to start out mild with Lockjaw and Greenday it was a great time wheather was perfect :D day two we drove Helldorado and played around in the test areas. I took a hard look at Britney Spears, but I wanted to make sure I could get my kids back to camp at a descent hour...so i passed :rolleyes: I was amazed however, at how hard that belly scratcher rock on helldo has gotten, the last time we ran that trail that rock was easy. My line is definately to the right now!

Attachments

• 100_7562.jpg
    100_7562.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_7556.jpg
    100_7556.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_7567.jpg
    100_7567.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 100_7543.jpg
    100_7543.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_7547.jpg
    100_7547.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_7632.jpg
    100_7632.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 100_7643.jpg
    100_7643.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 100_7660.jpg
    100_7660.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_7666.jpg
    100_7666.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 36
  • 100_7687.jpg
    100_7687.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 51

Bluecrush

The Great Scorpion
I'd say it was a good time but not a great time. to much thinking, not enough wheeling. moab is to far to go for me to do only 3 trails in 3 days. looking forward to trying B.S. though!!!

choptopbII

My group was there Thurs/Fri. Must have just missed you. All we saw was a group of Europeans who were amazed that BS was a trail and that anyone would try it.

There was alot of europeans out there this past weekend i was there thursday-sunday. The look on there faces is priceless.

Bluecrush

The Great Scorpion
My group was there Thurs/Fri. Must have just missed you. All we saw was a group of Europeans who were amazed that BS was a trail and that anyone would try it.

we were on lockjaw and all the sudden we were surrounded by those europeans taking pictures, they were very nice though. how did you make out on britney anyway?

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
we were on lockjaw and all the sudden we were surrounded by those europeans taking pictures, they were very nice though. how did you make out on britney anyway?

I drive an F-Toy!:rofl: But seriously the thing is incredible. I point it at an obstacle and im on the other side. BS was the first challenging thing I have encoutered in it and it still made quick work of it. (and yes I ran it counter clock wise, the hard way) Also mad props to my spotter!

Bluecrush

The Great Scorpion
I drive an F-Toy!:rofl: But seriously the thing is incredible. I point it at an obstacle and im on the other side. BS was the first challenging thing I have encoutered in it and it still made quick work of it. (and yes I ran it counter clock wise, the hard way) Also mad props to my spotter!

i'm jealous! i've wanted to build an f-toy for years, actually i can't decide between the f-toy or the x-chassis. i would like to stray away from leaves though. send me some pics of your rig. i run with cody down in farmington frequently he has a f-toy and it rocks, very light

We were in Moab that weekend for the Car Show and ran a bunch of trails. We watched from up above a group of 4 or 5 rigs do Helldorado on the 26th; could have been you guys. Nice weather while we were there other than the wind. We’ll be going back to Moab 21st through the 25th

Noahfecks

El Destructo!
i'm jealous! i've wanted to build an f-toy for years, actually i can't decide between the f-toy or the x-chassis. i would like to stray away from leaves though. send me some pics of your rig. i run with cody down in farmington frequently he has a f-toy and it rocks, very light

Still working on the pics. I am not a picture taker.

I dont know Cody, is his rig built to comp specs? There are starting to be quite a few F-Toys in the area. I think building it forced me to keep it simple as opposed to an X-Chassis where I would have been all over the board. Part of me feels like if the rig was any more capable there wouldnt be much fun wheeling because there are so few trails that would be challenging. I should probably get out of my own backyard more.

I'd say it was a good time but not a great time. to much thinking, not enough wheeling. moab is to far to go for me to do only 3 trails in 3 days. looking forward to trying B.S. though!!!
That's why you shouldn't wheel with Jason, he spends way too much time thinking!! Although, considering the fact that you don't have to drag him off the trail on a regular basis, I can see the appeal of running with him. :rofl:
britney is a B&#^#
Get your junk finished and she'll be your biotch soon. :)

Bluecrush

The Great Scorpion
Still working on the pics. I am not a picture taker.

I dont know Cody, is his rig built to comp specs? There are starting to be quite a few F-Toys in the area. I think building it forced me to keep it simple as opposed to an X-Chassis where I would have been all over the board. Part of me feels like if the rig was any more capable there wouldnt be much fun wheeling because there are so few trails that would be challenging. I should probably get out of my own backyard more.

yes it is built to comp specs, i forget what # it is :confused: and i do agree that if you build a rig to bad a$$ that you will find yourself getting bored, but i have had my share of breakage and sometimes the high $ stuff looks apealing. i'm usually 95% sure i can pilot my toy through just about anything, just get nervous about breaking something. i don't have much more that i can upgrade on my toy :rolleyes: with toy related products....