Report Moab dirtbike ride; Slickrock trail and Poison Spider & Golden Spike

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
dang, I wished I would have gone...maybe next time, I put in a rekluse this week and wanted to test it out closer to home last weekend. Ive never ran a rekluse before but so far I like it.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Doesn't look like a fun trip for a shiny, new bike! Thanks for sharing the vids, Greg. I'm jealous, even though it looked rough!

Jared

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Greg, I think a tooth lower on your front sprocket would/could have prevented most of those stallout-fallout crashes you had. I dropped one on my 2T and it climbs like a mountain goat..

I should have just gone with your guys.. Hunting is stupid. Count me in for a future one.

We usually go down to EJS with bikes. We could do some group stuff if there is any desire from others who want to be there. It's fun to see what going on, but be able to do a trail in less than the 10 hours it does in a jeep over EJS.

Caleb

Greg, I think you need a Rekluse :p

Still wish I could have made it. :( Also, you're lucky on your foot peg and shifter, if that had been a honda, you would have had a hole in your side case, guaranteed :)

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
dang, I wished I would have gone...maybe next time, I put in a rekluse this week and wanted to test it out closer to home last weekend. Ive never ran a rekluse before but so far I like it.

Should have gone! :p

Doesn't look like a fun trip for a shiny, new bike! Thanks for sharing the vids, Greg. I'm jealous, even though it looked rough!

Jared

Jared, the WR is looking pretty beat up these days, even before this ride! It's been ridden hard and often!

Greg, I think a tooth lower on your front sprocket would/could have prevented most of those stallout-fallout crashes you had. I dropped one on my 2T and it climbs like a mountain goat..

I should have just gone with your guys.. Hunting is stupid. Count me in for a future one.

We usually go down to EJS with bikes. We could do some group stuff if there is any desire from others who want to be there. It's fun to see what going on, but be able to do a trail in less than the 10 hours it does in a jeep over EJS.

I'm at 14 in the front already, honestly most of my problems were a lack of commitment or lack of momentum/speed. I'm happy with how the bike is geared currently, I just need to get better with the clutch at crucial moments!

Greg, I think you need a Rekluse :p

Still wish I could have made it. :( Also, you're lucky on your foot peg and shifter, if that had been a honda, you would have had a hole in your side case, guaranteed :)

I don't think it could hurt for a trail like PSM-Golden Spike, those ledges are brutal! Interesting about the Honda pegs!

Greg

Admin
Here's the video from PSM and Golden Spike.... word of warning, it's a LONG one. There was so much that was worth capturing, I edited a LOT out and heres what I ended up with.

As always, you have the option of watching it in HD!

[video=youtube;rxGFp9J3fQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxGFp9J3fQU&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Nice edit. GoPro footage never looks as impressive a real life because of the fish eye. In the video I felt like i could have jumped the crack...in real life: no way without lots more practice!
It was hard enough to shoot that boulder. Those ledges are no joke.

Greg

Admin
Nice edit. GoPro footage never looks as impressive a real life because of the fish eye. In the video I felt like i could have jumped the crack...in real life: no way without lots more practice!
It was hard enough to shoot that boulder. Those ledges are no joke.

Thanks, I spent over 4 hours on that 15 min video!! Don't mind the wrong year date at the beginning, it's the last thing I did and I was tired, didn't pay enough attention. The fisheye really throws the perspective off, I've noticed that before.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Wow looks like you guys had a blast, wish I could have made it....stupid having to work weekends

rholbrook

School is out Monday in Davis County so I am taking my son and his cousin to White Wash Sunday night through Monday. I have two others joining with their boys. Any are welcome to join