Moab in the snow

Houndoc

Well, when we drove to Moab a week ago for our meetings, we had plans to hit Fins & Things (thanks for the offer to join us popafink) but with the heavy snow fall earlier in the week it was determined conditions were not good for a run in the time we had.

So, we had our meeting at Red Cliffs Lodge (up river from Moab) then headed for a little jaunt up Onion Creek. Easy going despite the snow, some fun with the ice in the creek. However, we elected to turn around before the road heads onto the shelf road at the start of the narrow section of the canyon.

Here are a few pics of both the Colorado River canyon and Onion Creek under a deep layer of snow.

Coloradoinsnow.jpg

Snowyriver.jpg

onioncreek.jpg

Onioninthesnow.jpg

Snowandredrock.jpg

Last edited:

TheJeepGuy

man I miss living in Moab, you see some amazing things in the winter and oh man the stories I could tell about Kane creek in January in a snow storm at 3:00a.m in the morning with a girl you just met! LOL brings back some good memories.

Beemerchef

Homeless on the road
Wow!!! That would be my Dream to do Moab in the winter!!! Awesome shots... bightened up my day here this morning.
Unfortunately even with heated gear too cold for us on a motorcycle and a sidecar!!! I would like to rent a Jeep one year and come up for one month... In the meantime... I will look at your photos...
Be well... Ara & Spirt