Moab, Oct 13-16

thenag

My wife and I will be there, it will be the first Moab trip with the xj.

I still feel it is in experimental stage and we are getting used to the narrower taller vehicle so we are not going to run anything very hard. Plus we probably still won't have our front bumper or rock sliders. (heck I will be psyched if it drives to moab and back without any issues...)

I have never done Kane Creek, I would like to join you guys on that.

Nathan
--99 xj 4.0L ax15, np231/d300, d60, gm 14 bolt 37 inch old mtr's, functioning a/c and cruise control...

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
My wife and I will be there, it will be the first Moab trip with the xj.

I still feel it is in experimental stage and we are getting used to the narrower taller vehicle so we are not going to run anything very hard. Plus we probably still won't have our front bumper or rock sliders. (heck I will be psyched if it drives to moab and back without any issues...)

I have never done Kane Creek, I would like to join you guys on that.

Nathan
--99 xj 4.0L ax15, np231/d300, d60, gm 14 bolt 37 inch old mtr's, functioning a/c and cruise control...

If you are on 37's it is unlikely you will even need sliders for Kane Creek. We will probably run it on Saturday unless something changes. I'm putting my transfer case back in the Jeep tonight and having some welding done on it tomorrow or Monday, so hopefully it will be good to go from there. What did you have in mind for Friday?

thenag

If you are on 37's it is unlikely you will even need sliders for Kane Creek. We will probably run it on Saturday unless something changes. I'm putting my transfer case back in the Jeep tonight and having some welding done on it tomorrow or Monday, so hopefully it will be good to go from there. What did you have in mind for Friday?

We haven't decided on Friday yet, my wife wants to drive (and I want her to drive) but she gets freaked out driving when we are with groups. She feels like she is going too slow, too fast, or looks like she doesn't know what she is doing. We have talked of posion spider since we know the trail so well.

How big is your group?

We are driving down Thursday and wheeling Friday and Saturday, we might do something small on Sunday, maybe cruise out to Gemini Bridges. I don't tempt fate too much by wheeling on the same day we need to leave town.

Nathan.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
We haven't decided on Friday yet, my wife wants to drive (and I want her to drive) but she gets freaked out driving when we are with groups. She feels like she is going too slow, too fast, or looks like she doesn't know what she is doing. We have talked of posion spider since we know the trail so well.

How big is your group?

We are driving down Thursday and wheeling Friday and Saturday, we might do something small on Sunday, maybe cruise out to Gemini Bridges. I don't tempt fate too much by wheeling on the same day we need to leave town.

Nathan.

We only have 2 or 3 rigs, so not really much of a group. Planning to head down Wednesday evening or Thursday morning and come back Sunday.

Ford Prefect

We are driving down Thursday and wheeling Friday and Saturday, we might do something small on Sunday, maybe cruise out to Gemini Bridges.

Ah sigh...:-\

That used to be SUCH a nicer trail. I know it is nice that you do not have the bikes riding across the bridge anymore, but still, too bad you can't still drive down to it. I used to really enjoy that trail.:(

thenag

Ah sigh...:-\

That used to be SUCH a nicer trail. I know it is nice that you do not have the bikes riding across the bridge anymore, but still, too bad you can't still drive down to it. I used to really enjoy that trail.:(

I didn't realize you cant drive to it anymore, it has been 3 years since I have been out that way.

Nathan

thenag

We only have 2 or 3 rigs, so not really much of a group. Planning to head down Wednesday evening or Thursday morning and come back Sunday.

What are you guys thinking of running on Friday?

The main part of my rear bumper is done, now if Terry at Rigidco can finish up the tire carrier so can get that all sorted out we will be set for the trip.

Nathan

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Change of plan

We have had a slight change of plan for the weekend. We are now going down thursday night, and planning on running Kane Creek on friday, and maybe a fast run through Hells Revenge if we have time. Going to run BFE on Sat, and Pritchett on Sun.
So far we have a TJ, an FJ, and 3 Toys going in our group.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
What are you guys thinking of running on Friday?

The main part of my rear bumper is done, now if Terry at Rigidco can finish up the tire carrier so can get that all sorted out we will be set for the trip.

Nathan

We are pretty open, nothing too crazy though because I drive my rig down.

thenag

Should we post up a meeting time and place for Friday to do Kane Creek? It sounds like everyone is up for that.

We camp pretty far out so meeting in town much earlier than 9:00am is pretty tough for us.

Movie theater behind Mcdonald's at 9:00am on Friday?

Nathan
--99 xj