South-East Utah Moab "RocktoberCrawl" Oct 20 - 23 2016

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
My favorite time of the year to hit Moab, and I've always given it the nickname "Rocktobercrawl" for as long as I can remember.

Seeing photos of the Labor Day campout has me jonesing for some Moab time. Who's in!? This is all unofficial, but it would be fun to get a few groups together and possibly even do a bbq of sorts.

These dates fall on UEA weekend.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I'm already planning to be there with the fam. I'm staying at Pack Creek campground. We won't be hitting anything too hard core, but certainly open to more rigs joining us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have that weekend off. I don't have anything rockcrawling-ready, but I could drag the Wiferunner onto some easy-moderate stuff.

I've had Lockhart on the brain, haven't driven that one yet.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have that weekend off. I don't have anything rockcrawling-ready, but I could drag the Wiferunner onto some easy-moderate stuff.

I've had Lockhart on the brain, haven't driven that one yet.

I could be talked into that I think.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I think I could do towards the end of October! I'd be in the JKU, would be interested in running trails like the Moab Rim, Kane Creek, etc.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
You thinking buggy trails for little easer?

Either. I atleast have to run Pritchet while down there as it's my favorite trail. I'm pretty much up for anything else, usually.

I actually kind of want to do the PSM -> Golden Spike -> Rusty Nail (backwards) out, as I am plated and can scoot back down the highway into Moab. Not a buggy trail, but it's been years since I've been able to do that full route.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Let's book it. Friday night on the trail, back in Moab by Saturday for a bbq?

I didn't realize it's a camp on the trail type of trail. I will have the whole fam with me, so we aren't setup to camp on the trail. I'll take a rain check on that trail and I'm open to other trails where we're back in Moab at night.

I've already reserved my spot at Pack Creek wed to sat.

outdores

I am planning on being down there with a friend October 21-23. We were thinking of stuff like 7mile rim but are open to whatever our rigs can do.

RockChucker

Depending on what day you do Pritchett, I might be able to cruise down and make a quick trip. I'm not opposed to other trails either. But I sure love pritchett

thenag

We always go in October, I usually seem to see Shane driving by on some trail or something, I have to ask him if needs some welding rod...

I still have not had the Cherokee on Golden Spike and would like to cross that off the list.

I haven't seen Prittchett in so long, I am sure it would turn into "winch fest 2016" for me, but with a good group I might be up for that...

Nathan

Last edited:

Pile of parts

We always go in October, I usually seem to see Shane driving by on some trail or something, I have to ask him if needs some welding rod...

I still have not had the Cherokee on Golden Spike and would like to cross that off the list.

I haven't seen Prittchett in so long, I am sure it would turn into "winch fest 2016" for me, but with a good group I might be up for that...

Nathan

You'll be fine on both trails - no winching required. We did pritchett over labor day weekend. Big group and still made it to the top at noon for lunch.
IMG_20160904_114919484.jpg

MANCHE

we will be there 18-23..gonna run Pritchett ,looking to get with other people to do other trails..hit me up here or look for the Black Comanche full exo cage on 39"s..cant miss my beast