Moab trip report July 16th

DevinB

I like traffic lights
Upper, Lower, whatever. Whichever one is owned by that psycho woman that caused so much crap during jeep safari. I got my point across. Each of us needs to do our part to make sure the trails stay open. Look at what's going on with the Rubicon trail.
Devin

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
DevinB said:
Upper, Lower, whatever. Whichever one is owned by that psycho woman that caused so much crap during jeep safari. I got my point across. Each of us needs to do our part to make sure the trails stay open. Look at what's going on with the Rubicon trail.
Devin

Yup, I completely agree... Lower may or may not be open in the future... :(

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
I'm not saying ARB's suck. I'm just saying my compressor, which is the old school one is going out. I didn't have the complete wiring harness, so I had to bypass some things. basically, I have one switch, and it turns on the compressor and engages the rear locker at the same time... I am happy with the locker itself, works awesome, but I don't like the compressor...

Kurt,

Sorry bud. I don't listen to the radio while wheeling. I listen to my jeep and how it's performing. But yes I did have the CB on, why else would I have one, to not use on a tail? By the way, the red wire does go to the positive terminal on the battery, the other 3 go into the back of the switch. I can come over and show ya how I jimmy rigged it up...

This isn't directed to anyone, but.... If you're saying JR from Ms. Conception Motorsports is a crappy installer, well let that be your opinion, but I know it is absolutly untrue. He has installed everything in my diffs... He did a great job repairing the broken copper wire and setting up my gear ratios... And I know that tons of you on this board have gone to JR and he has installed your stuff too!

Devin,

I didn't "wander" off of the trail... I stated it is off the trail because it is a play area right next to the dirt trail there. It is still part of the Cliffhanger trail and always has been. You would know this if you've done the trail!?

Pokey,

Ya Steve was saving up for the RockKrawler front end with beefier mounts, and larger control arms, but Moab 4x4 Outpost is making custom stuff for a tiny bit more than the price of the RockKrawler stuff. So it was worth it to have them custom do the front end... His front end has been welded 3 different times. He's just been in a lot of debt and didn't have any cashola to put on new mounts. that was one of the reasons he bought the blue dart so his jeep wasn't his daily driver. $300 beater cars rock!!!

Oh, by the way... that's my wheeling hat... it is stretched out (flexfit) so the only way to make it fit is to wear it crooked... And also it kept the sun off of my face or my neck depending on which way I would face it...

Oh ya, I know it's crooked! That was the point! Good observation though! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
Cody said:
That pic with him in front of his jeep is my new avatar on a different board! Thanks dude.

Cody

What??? Wasn't good enough to replace Johnny Knoxville on RME???

Well... I guess it's a compliment to have you as my fan! Thanks bud!

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
RockMonkey said:
I'd like to enter this post as evidence number 799346 that ARBs suck. Do you use your front shackles to attach a tow bar for flat towing your Jeep? If not, turn them around so the triangle points backwards and you won't be able to invert your shackles anymore.
Nice trip report.

I was planning on using my bro Scott's Towbar that Carl let him borrow or he bought it from Carl or whatever, I dunno... But have yet to use it...

Good idea, I'll have to do that!

thanks for the compliment, we had a blast! I think we're going down this weekend to pick up my bro's jeep and to do a quick trail, head back to SLC the same day.

DevinB

I like traffic lights
tweakeyjeep said:
...Devin,

I didn't "wander" off of the trail... I stated it is off the trail because it is a play area right next to the dirt trail there. It is still part of the Cliffhanger trail and always has been. You would know this if you've done the trail!?...

I've done the trail a few times, it's one of my favorites. Which part of the trail where you on? Close to the spot where your buddy hit the top of his fender? I didn't recognize the spot from your pics. Either way, it's no big deal. Just be careful of where you're driving. We don't want to lose our trails.
Devin

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
DevinB said:
I've done the trail a few times, it's one of my favorites. Which part of the trail where you on? Close to the spot where your buddy hit the top of his fender? I didn't recognize the spot from your pics. Either way, it's no big deal. Just be careful of where you're driving. We don't want to lose our trails.
Devin

Nope, not that far up... Just guessing, but maybe a mile before the part where my cousin scraped the fender....