Moab - When do you think will be busiest?

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well, I have heard rumors of the city of moab writing letters and such to surrounding schools to not have spring break during easter. I know my spring break is going to be the week before EJS, so do you guys think it will be busier during this week, ejs, or some other week? Thanks for your oppinions everyone!

Klif01

Do I bother you?
Well I ask this cause I'm trying to convince my G/f to come with me, but she hates huge drunken crowds.....so the week of ejs will be busier than the week before! good...

ewander

Remember the EJS traditionally starts the weekend before the Jeep Safari's big saturday. I haven't heard whether they were going to try and enforce signed up trail rides only. I know it was spoken of in an earlier thead. If that is the case, you may want to get signed up. The weekend before is always much less crowded though.

This year I think I am going to bypass both weekends and go down a weekend or two later.

Eric

Klif01

Do I bother you?
How could they enfore the signed up trails thing? Isn't it public land. I don't want to do any trails associated with the red rock...I'm too poor. I will just be in moab that same ish time...but again, it will be the week before ejs!

Caleb

Klif01 said:
How could they enfore the signed up trails thing? Isn't it public land. I don't want to do any trails associated with the red rock...I'm too poor. I will just be in moab that same ish time...but again, it will be the week before ejs!

like mentioned in the thread posted up, they can get permits that give them exclusive rights to the land for a time period...

DevinB

I like traffic lights
My whole entorage (or however the hell you spell it) is going down the weekend before Big Saturday specifically to avoid the huge drunken crowds. Will it still be crowded? I wouldn't be surprised. But not as much as Big Saturday. We also enjoy signing up for rides and donating some $$$ to RR4W to help with land issues, that's why we're not avoiding the scene altogether. UVSC's spring break is Easter weekend, FYI, so it will be easy for more Utah Valley people to show up.
Devin

SnwMnkys

Herzog said:
The crowd gets big from Thursday to Saturday. Usually calms down by Easter Sunday. :)

Ya it was alot quieter on Easter Sunday when i went a couple years ago.
Except at the air hoses at the Gas stations.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
My 4x4 group is going to down for Big Saturday ( just to check things out, no wheeling) and then the following week. Have done this in the past, and it is defenitely not as crowded, plus i think the car show is the next week, which is cool to see...

olywrestle

Duct Tape
olywrestle said:
My 4x4 group is going to down for Big Saturday ( just to check things out, no wheeling) and then the following week. Have done this in the past, and it is defenitely not as crowded, plus i think the car show is the next week, which is cool to see...

Just checked, no car show this year as far as i can tell. At least it won't be too crowded in town,

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
SnwMnkys said:
Ya it was alot quieter on Easter Sunday when i went a couple years ago.
Except at the air hoses at the Gas stations.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: too true!!!

Herzog said:
The crowd gets big from Thursday to Saturday. Usually calms down by Easter Sunday. :)
Yep

olywrestle said:
Just checked, no car show this year as far as i can tell. At least it won't be too crowded in town,
Car Show is in April.