Moab, where to camp this weekend

Ford Prefect

Hey there

The fam and I are going to Moab this weekend. Thinking about tent camping, but I do not know where I can camp but still keep myself safe. I do not want to spend much money. Anyone know where I can camp, and not have to break camp every day. Heck, even if I had to do that, I need to spend less (preferably considerably less) than $25.00 per night.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks a lot yall

Brian

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
It's like Africa-hot down there! Are you sure you want to tent camp? If I were to do it, I would stay along the river, this way you can at least jump in to stop your guts from boiling.

jdub

Scrambler
There's the sand flats area that you have to pay for the area use and I think some for camping but it is minimal, you pay to get in to the area anyway to do Hells, Fins and Porkypine. I like to camp across from the Slickrock bike trail parking lot 'cause there are bathrooms if you need a throne. Plus I bike but not in that heat.

It is in sand so it's comfy and has a rock wall behind camp for minimal wind. Has Picnic benches. Not a ton of shade though, probably could find free camping up one of the canyons in the area and have shade for much of the day.

It's like Africa-hot down there! Are you sure you want to tent camp? If I were to do it, I would stay along the river, this way you can at least jump in to stop your guts from boiling.

I agree with JL Rockies, it will be really hot.

Heres a site you can look at lodging at, some of the camp places have cabins with a/c that arent to expensive.

http://moab-utah.com/

During EJS we sayed at a campground, they have some shady tent spots.

http://www.packcreekcampground.com/

Hope the info helps, have a fun week end

Ford Prefect

Thanks everyone for the help.

Yall have convinced me to stay in a cabin. The Lazy Lizard Hostel is where we will stay. $26 per night for a room for two.

Thanks all

Brian