Monster Garage Offroad party

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
We need to get some plans going for when monster garage airs with our own SukaB building a crawler.

We need to get a portable dish out to the desert.

I will provide the projector and 8 foot giant screen and speakers but we need a power source and a sattelite dish. We should hold it at the top of rattlesnake or something so we can be secluded and throw a killer party while watching Monster Garage.

OK people lets get the ball rolling!!

S

sukaB

I think that would be way sweet.
Count me in

I don't have anything of what you need but That would be cool some wheelin big party and Monster TV on a Monster TV.
The show will air early may just don't know date yet.
As soon as I find out i will pass it on....
I can bring all sorts of girls though.........
Ohh yah and beer and my margarita Blender off the buggie.
We could do like a drive in/

kb7sei

Sounds like fun. Any dish will do, just build a cheap mount for it. A 5 gallon bucket filled with cement with a metal pole in it would work great. Just make sure the pole is vertical. Cost about $10. :D

kb7sei

Do you need an active account and everything? I can get the dish itself (I have a spare), and probably a receiver. I'd have to add it to my account, but that's no biggie.

So, where and when is this party supposed to be? Any word on the air date for the show? If I can make it, I'll bring the dish.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
what I am wondering is do you need a phone line to just turn on the dish?

if not then we just need to find out the date of the show and plan for it.

sukaB.....any insight..|?

redrock

Originally posted by spencurai
what I am wondering is do you need a phone line to just turn on the dish?

if not then we just need to find out the date of the show and plan for it.

sukaB.....any insight..|?
no phone line is needed if the one guy has a dish just bring someone reciever out of there house should work great

kb7sei

Yep, no phone required if the receiver is allready set up and working.

My receiver is a TiVo unit, hard drives and such make it a bad choice for outdoor stuff. If someone has a subscribed basic receiver, my dish will work for either service. That would be ideal as sometimes the satelite companies won't let you use old access cards and make you wait while they mail you a new card.

If nobody has a subscribed unit, I know a guy that will let me borrow his DishNetwork receiver, but I'd have to set up an account to make it work.

redrock

Originally posted by redrock
no phone line is needed if the one guy has a dish just bring someone reciever out of there house should work great
depending on when and where i have a dish 500 i could bring but depending on work is the part i don't know about never know if i will be in town or not

S

sukaB

I don't have the date yet!
I'll talk to Jamie today.
I have a bunch of friends that will be there for sure.
I've got a couple of idea's I'm working on for fun and free stuff too.
This would be way bitchen.

S

sukaB

I would like to know if anyone is going to come from here besides just a couple of dudes if not then we might as well go to a bar or somplace with a TV.
Anyone-Anyone.
Chim in bruda's

I think Brad (redrock5.9)and I are going to make it. We're planning on it but weren't going to speak up just yet because we don't know when it is. I guess since it's late at night we'll come. I plan on bringing food since I can't think of anything else. Oh, and probably some chicks. Maybe we'll do some wheelin before too, brad really needs to get that thing on some rock.

S

sukaB

Cool.
I think it would be a hoot..
Even if it's on a monday night we can have someone tape it and just throw the party on friday or sat night.
BUT YOU CAN"T watch it first....hehehehe
Where's my tools?