Monster Yota :'( :'(

monsteryota

Well after putting all the work into getting her running again she is dead again............
I was going to work on Oct 22 nd when some jack ace decided he was going to try and turn in front of me!!!!! I was traveling at 40 mph slammed on the brakes and drug the 37s for about 15-20ft and hit a Chevy avalanch square in the center and pushed him 15-20 feet down the road. My yota held up better then that newish junk. You could tell his frame was horse shoed and totalled as well. I'm very lucky my front suspension was soft for it dove hard but still hit square in the middle of his doors. If it would not have I'm affraid I would have went over the top of him. He was turning left over a double yellow line. I had nothing I could do. My frame is badly bent on pass. Side and there is a lot of body damage. I just wanted to beat the hell out of him. All he could say was sorry. I was like wtf!!!!! How could u not see me. As I pointed at the bright head lights and lime green bumper. I'll post pics when I can. Sorry for ventin.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Sorry to hear that man, that sucks! But at least you're ok. With the payout from the dumbass you will be up and running bigger and better in no time!

PS I saw you yesterday too I think it was around 12pm on 3100 S. I waved but not sure if you saw me.

Toad

That sucks.

I will share my experience with an idiot. My wife and i were up one of the canyons here in Logan. I was driving a 1978 f250. It was a pretty nice truck. I was idling in 2nd gear down this rough road. Cant go any faster or it just beats the hell out of you. I came around a corner to see a blazer hauling butt down the road. Road was only wide enough for 1.5 vehicles. I stopped and waited for this idiot to slide into my truck. I would guess he was doing 40-45 mph when he first saw me. He locked up his brakes and hit me. As I got out of the truck my wife told me not to kill this kid. Kid was 16-17 years old. He was sitting in his blazer and I was right in his face screaming every possible combination of profanity at this kid. I have never been so pissed off in my life. But I did not touch him. We had been there about 2 minutes and this group of three atv rides by. Just little kids. 8-10 years old. Riding little 80 cc type fourwheelers. That is what finally calmed me down. I realized at that point point that it is just a stupid truck. It could have turned out a lot worse had he not hit me and hit those kids instead. The kid ended up being a total piece of shit. Called his insurance and they laughed and said something to the effect of another one of his victims. Would not take responsibility for his actions. Parents were the same way. Finally took it to small claims court. Judge chewed him out.

Sorry for my rant. Sorry about your truck. Hopefully you can get it fixed or compensated correctly.

Troop92

Saddest thing I've heard in a while, I'm aching for you. Bang up a rig on a good trail, sure, but that? Sucks. As others have said, glad you're okay. Can't believe his reaction...

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
Wow, glad you're OK! Sounds like you need a replacement 1st gen on 37's...and I happen to know a guy that has one. And you've already seen it in action too! :D

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
dang that sucks, glad your OK... you wouldn't believe how many close calls I slam the brakes on just because people want to turn in front of me, yikes!!! I have insurance like most, not an unlimited lifespan!!! Hope to see pics soon and also hope your road to 4wheeling doesn't get hindered for too long!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
There are no "accidents", only excuses for willful negligence or carelessness. I went through this earlier in the year after a Suburban turned into the front of the Jeep last November, rebuilding sucks but at least I was able to do it.

monsteryota

Thanks all I'm still waiting on his insurance to figure stuff out. Adjuster came and looked at mine and is going to sell mine back to me for salvage value :) and hinted that I'm looking to get a good chunk so I am keeping my fingers crossed I've been trying to upload photos but my comp has crashed to lol what a life!