Morbid question: are Viking funerals illegal?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I tell my wife that my one wish is to have them do a full body taxidermy on me. I figure they could probably do movable joints or animitronics and she can pose and decorate me. Even if they just do a growling bear type mount and put me near the front door. She seems to think this is illegal...
I really like this plan but only if they graft a horse dong on it.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I want to be cremated then have some of my ashes put in a lamp and given to my children so I'll stay in the box from the mortuary in the garage.

Oh wait. Thats what happened with my MIL. Full disclosure though, its my SIL's lamp that is in my garage because she lives in Rhode Island and didn't want to ship the lamp home when she left after the funeral. My wife didn't need any ashes to remember her mother.

I want to be buried in a wooden box that I make and to not be embalmed. I'd like to be buried next to my younger brother as well.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
One of the old guys my dad knew wanted to be buried on his property without being embalmed in a casket he made. Laws basically said you can do it if you're buried in 24 hours. Now I'm eyeing a spot next to snowball and fluffy in the back yard :D

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
My wife wants to be cremated and have her ashes put into some sort of jewelry for our kids to wear, like a necklace. That's her next husband's problem since I won't make it past 60. I don't really care how the dispose of my wet robot hardware. This Viking thing sounds pretty awesome though. I'm sure Pleasant Grove would approve too. Maybe on Manilla Pond.

XJEEPER

My brother and I had a similar conversation last month. His logic is how often do folks visit a gravesite of their deceased relative? What's the ROI value for a casket/vault, plot of dirt and stone marker? Cremation and spreading ashes over your favorite scenic overlook, trail or campsite has merit.