More lies from SUWA; Moab Brewery SUWA supporter??

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I boycott that place due to sub-par food and asstastic service.

I have had some of the WORST service ever at the brewery. The only thing that makes it ok is if you complain.....you get a coupon for a free appetizer. Nothing better than free jalapeno fries and beer cheese soup.

chans

Derailleur Ale is the bomb but the service sucked the last few times I have been there. Hope it is a misunderstanding. It would suck since they have all the 4x4 stuff including half of Dan Mick's Jeep and get a ton of money from the safari.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
The last time I was there with a couple of peeps, we were one of two or three tables. The staff outnumbered the customers 5 to 1, our order was screwed up and we waited 30 mins for it to get fixed (ass cheese soup) and our waitress could never be found for refills either. Do they support SUWA? I dunno. Their service and pedestrian food deserves bycott.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Today at lunch, my wife and I went into the Moab Brewery to get to the bottom of what's going on. We spoke with Michael Miller, the general manager, and a friend of ours. He was aware of the radio ad, and had already been speaking extensively with his partner in Park City, Dave Sabey, who is the voice of the commercial. He states that his words were misinterpreted, and the way SUWA hacked together a message completely destroyed his original intent behind what he said. Dave had the radio ad pulled today, because of its skewed contents.

Here is the e-mail message he sent to Michael and his other partner John:

"Hi David and Misty, thanks so much for your concern and helping up combat this. Here is the response that my partner typed up. Please let your friends know, we do appreciate them and hope they understand the circumstances.

(From Dave Sabey) ‘Michael and John- I am surprised at the reaction generated by the above referenced ad. I thought it was very clear that I was referring to Wilderness Areas and the impact of off road vehicles in those areas. Our discussion from which the sound bite was taken centered on ATVs and their impact when they are illegally ridden in and on existing wilderness areas. Of course SUWA left out the specific mention of those instances I was referring to such as illegally riding the ATVs in pristine stream beds and untracked areas. They also left out much of the discussion that centered around my concerns that SUWA is too “in your face” and needs to try harder to work with all the interested parties and advance a more balanced objective concerning off-roading. Hell Michael, I’ll be the first to stand up and champion people’s rights to use the public lands as long as it is done in a responsible manner, which I don’t think includes off-roading in Wilderness Areas. In fact, we are currently shopping for an off-road capable camper van to explore all the great off-road areas around Moab and the entire western US.’

Michael Miller”

Neither the Moab Brewery, or its owners are anti-OHV. This is another case of SUWA manipulating the words of other people in order to promote their own skewed agenda. We all know that SUWA lies, cheats, and steals in order to try to win followers to support their misguided goals.

Thank you to those of you who didn't overreact until hearing both sides of the story. Please pass this on, so that others will know the truth.

David Adams
Red Rock 4-Wheelers Land Use Officer

sixstringsteve

Thanks for clearing that up greenjeep. I haven't been to the brewery before, but I definitely will next time I'm down there.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Nice work Dave! This is the exact reason thread like this are a dis-service and while a black-list would be impossible to formulate without stepping on toes.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Thanls, now that needs to find its way onto the numerous other forums this got posted in.
I got Colorado4x4 and JKowners, are there others?
Nice recon work. Now can you pass on the need to add bacon to their beer cheese soup?
Mmmm, bacon beer cheese soup!
Good call.
Nice work Dave! This is the exact reason thread like this are a dis-service and while a black-list would be impossible to formulate without stepping on toes.
Very true!