Morning, yall

riskeacj5

Interesting collection of characters you have here :)
My name is Steve Keaveney. I am a currently unemployed (planning on staying that way for a bit) semiconductor equipment type. I have a 2001 Ram 1500 Sport Offroad for a daily driver or a 550HP 92 VR4 when I have to get there quick :cool: My main trail toy is a 82 Jeep CJ5 that I bought off the showroom floor with 4 miles on it. Its been rolled, shot, crashed into 3 times, bounced off a few large trees and dropped off a few ledges that tweaked tie rods and destroyed steering boxes. After all that it still likes me. I don't do any rock crawling just trails and hunting. Current configuration is 3.5" YJ springs with 1.25" body lift and 1/2" shackle lift on 33"s. 258 I6 with TBI and hybrid TFI/HEI ignition. T177 tranny and a Dana 300. 4.10's Auburn Pro in the back and a TruTrac in the front.
This months project was a 80 Scout 300 rebuild. Now I just have to come up with a CJ T18 to mate to it. Other ongoing projects are a 4.0 head swap and reprogramming the 747 ECM to run a larger throttlbody to go with that. 22 years and I am still not done :rolleyes:
I know its a garage shot but that is where it has been for the last 4 months. Hope I link the picture by the approved method :D
Jul29003.jpg

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
Welcome, Pardner... that's one fine lookin' vee-hickle ya got there. Y'all come back now, y'hear?

J/K :D :D :D

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
riskeacj5 said:
There is no time limit on the 11th comandment I hope

The quicker the better, then you can buy more. ;)

No offense, we have to give the newbies a hard time to see if they have thick enough skin to stick around. :D

riskeacj5

None taken :rofl: 30 years of equipment maintenance, the last 21 in a production environment, you get to be reaaal thick skinned. One of my ex managers accused me of having the sensitivity of an eggplant :ugh: My reply was: " Yep, there kinda cute to look at but if you bite them they taste bad" or something close to that anyway........

riskeacj5

Spork said:
Welcome to the board... :D
So about this...

You another liberated person from the big "M"? ;)

Don't I wish ;) Lets see wife, 2 early teenage daughters ooh I dont think so. But, I had a couple of months of accrued vacation and sick time so there is no way I am going back to work before elk season is over. Beside I have to fund my Jeep habit and the car likes to drink a lot of alcohol when I get boost happy :D

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
riskeacj5 said:
Don't I wish ;) Lets see wife, 2 early teenage daughters ooh I dont think so. But, I had a couple of months of accrued vacation and sick time so there is no way I am going back to work before elk season is over. Beside I have to fund my Jeep habit and the car likes to drink a lot of alcohol when I get boost happy :D
Close but not quite what I was asking... You work at Micron in Boise for the "semiconductor equipment" job?

riskeacj5

Spork said:
Close but not quite what I was asking... You work at Micron in Boise for the "semiconductor equipment" job?

That would explain why I missed that :) Having worked with many ex-Micronauts over the years I have been told I wouldn't last a week there. At times I have a big mouth but I do have a short temper to make up for it ;) I was one of those Zilog people in Nampa for the last 21 years. Pretty much the same equipment sets just different product. We finished up closing the last fab down 3 weeks ago so now Zilog is fabless ( if you have stock ....sell it).

riskeacj5

:rofl: :rofl:

My brother in law works over there. He is as happy as can be but it was his 1st job out of high school and has progressed thru the Micron "SYSTEM" . Two of my ex coworkers already started there...............45% paycut :eek: I think I will go to work for the army COE on the Clearwater Dam projects in Ahaska (become a northern Idaho hermit) if I have to take that kind of loss :D All those years in Photo, Etch and Implant I am pretty sure my liver fell out a few years ago ;)