MOVIE REVIEW: Man Of Steel

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
... so, I haven't done a movie review in a long time, if Sirch is working. So here's this one.

Just saw "Man Of Steel" w/Kelsey, because "Now You See Me" only played at 7 in the old Ritz (GREAT theater on Main, super old-school). Low expectations, which were decimated by the actual movie. If you haven't seen it, it's BAD. It continues the trend of a. too &$#%%$ much CGI b. kind of shoddy storyline and c. total abandonment of physics, to a degree that intrudes so thoroughly into any attempt to suspend disbelief that you would have had to have never had a science class in your life to even remotely have a chance at the awe and wonder the idiots who made this movie want you to experience. Like Rick James, I wish I had more hands so I could give this movie more thumbs down.

Kelsey's review is: "I didn't like it. Like, there's no physics all of a sudden?"

all of our other comments were related to details in the movie that are semi-spoilers, so we'll leave it at this, for now. :D

NO Tacoma points. Thoroughly disappointed.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
The one thing I've never liked about Superman was that he has practically no regard for the safety of a city, always thrashing around. This happens in all Superman movies or tv shows. I didn't mind the movie though, I liked it better than the Superman Returns.

I think that one movie with Will Smith, Hancock, touched on that subject of destruction of property when the city got mad at him for it. Take Dragon Ball Z for example, the fighters always lure the bad guys towards canyon lands etc to have their battles, that's appropriate lol....anyways I'm going off on a rant now so I'll stop. Ha

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
What amazes me is this film has a 56% critic approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

screwy.gif

How is it so much higher than the critic approval rating for After Earth (a whopping 11%)?

kellerexpress

The problem is that you guys are going to a SUPERHERO movie expecting it to be realistic. This is a movie about a man from another planet who can fly and has super powers...For me it's entertainment, nothing else.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well, here's the thing: it's one thing to suspend disbelief in service of imagining a flying alien from another planet. It's another to have people outrunning falling buildings, having them stand there in a tornado while cars magically blow into the air around them, etc etc. Too much is.. too much, and it crosses the line between an entertaining stretching of believability into a non-entertaining mangling. It just bugged me, and apparently my 11yr old daughter too, who said it was "really stupid" when she told her mom this morning. :D

I don't go to movies for factual documentation, but come ON.