Mud flaps...

Dirty B

Registered Poser
I'm moving to Layton in March, and would like to know what you guys are using for mud flaps on wranglers. All I can find up here are full width receiver styles and I'm hoping there are more options there, where they are required. I will also need wider fender flares and could use some local recommendations as to what stands up best to rocks (if any). A few guys came to AK with Bushwhackers and snapped them on their first winter run. That's the kind of Intel I'm looking for. Thanks...

Mike

zukking01

I had to pass so I bought some flaps at checker. welded a 1/2 square tube to the frame and bolted the flap to that.

For the flares I went to home depot in the garden section. Get the lawn trim edging. You cut the looped end and put it in the wheel well and use self tapping screws. Then you cut the flare down to size. The edging for flares is 8" for 20 feet and that will get your vehicle done with spare.

Dirty B

Registered Poser
I think not

Why not?

What is the inspection interval? Yearly? Upon registration renewal? My jeep will remain Alaska registered, what does this change? You have to understand coming from a place where rules are quite lax or nonexistent to Utah it's a bit confusing.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Why not?

What is the inspection interval? Yearly? Upon registration renewal? My jeep will remain Alaska registered, what does this change? You have to understand coming from a place where rules are quite lax or nonexistent to Utah it's a bit confusing.

I'm not a fan of Rocky-Road.. One, i've dealt with them personally, and never again.. Two, i prefer supporting companies that support me. In this i point out that TeraPlus does so much for our sport, like massive backing to the Utah 4wheel Drive Association, conducting in trail rides and cleanups.. They are a good honest company, with high standards. Not to mention a bald dude named Carl, and an incognito asian punk named Bryson...

I think you still have to comply to Utah law, since you'll be on Utah roads. You just need your tires covered on the top(100%), and atleast halfway down the tire(50% coverage) with a mudflap... i do love mudflaps -_-

Last edited:

Dirty B

Registered Poser
also welcome to Utah... and layton in general... must be in the air force!

Thanks and yes, I'm still in AK but will be driving out shortly. I'm having some issues deciding if I should have some work done here, where I know and trust my local clubs and shops, or wait until I get there and take a risk to save a little cash.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'm sure there are lots of people on here that will send you to some of the better places here to get your work done... hill field has a great auto shop I have been told... (never been in there) so do as your heart feels best and know that we will take care of you down here!

John

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
Welcome to Utah! Not sure you will use your snorkle much but you will now only be 4-4.5 hours from Moab! Plus there are a bunch of great wheeling places closer too. There is a good shop just straight out the south west gate (truck gate) of Hill. They can do almost anything you need to your jeep and are honest as well.

rondo

rondo
i've never had a problem with rocky-road. found them to be polite and helpful which is more than i can say for a lot of off road vendors around the US (well ok, i guess i'm talking about california) haha

12 Volt Man

Welcome to Utah! Not sure you will use your snorkle much but you will now only be 4-4.5 hours from Moab! Plus there are a bunch of great wheeling places closer too. There is a good shop just straight out the south west gate (truck gate) of Hill. They can do almost anything you need to your jeep and are honest as well.

Help me out here, what shop is this? I need a decent shop close by.