Mudflaps

bobmed

- - - -
Kristina has had her 92 Wrangler for 15 years and a 2" lift for ten of those.

Yesterday for the first time she didn't pass inspection because of mud flaps :rofl:

bobmed

- - - -
I got some made today from some conveyor belt pieces and some steel tube:D
Took about a half hour and they're a nice blue to match her black jeep:rolleyes:

Attachments

• P9250165.JPG
    P9250165.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 15

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
the other day I was speeding(83 mph) down I-15 in Kaysville when out of no where a UHP pulls up behind me with lights a flashing... I thought for sure I was nailed to a wall...

He gets out and runs up to me and first thing he says is "You have to have mudflaps on this jeep!!!" he writes me a fixit ticket for no mudflaps (had one actually in the back just not on...) and nothing else... gave me a 5 min speech about how too many jeeps are tossing up rocks into others windshields... and he was making it his mission the next month or two to get this situation corrected...

So if your on I-15 in Kaysville watch out for the UHP in the dodge charger....

krany

kranberry
the other day I was speeding(83 mph) down I-15 in Kaysville when out of no where a UHP pulls up behind me with lights a flashing... I thought for sure I was nailed to a wall...

He gets out and runs up to me and first thing he says is "You have to have mudflaps on this jeep!!!" he writes me a fixit ticket for no mudflaps (had one actually in the back just not on...) and nothing else... gave me a 5 min speech about how too many jeeps are tossing up rocks into others windshields... and he was making it his mission the next month or two to get this situation corrected...

So if your on I-15 in Kaysville watch out for the UHP in the dodge charger....
you should have gave him a half hour seminar on how all vehicles, minivans, sports cars etc kick up rocks just as well as jeeps, and how not to be an asshole:rofl::rofl:

Houndoc

you should have gave him a half hour seminar on how all vehicles, minivans, sports cars etc kick up rocks just as well as jeeps, and how not to be an asshole:rofl::rofl:

I wouldn't be arguing with a cop who let me off from a speeding ticket with a fix-it for mud-flaps.

I think a "thank you, sir, have a great day" would be far more in order.

And how many times now have we had this "I got in trouble for no mud flaps" thread anyway? I think everyone and their dog here knows the law by now (of course, I don't have them, but I know and can't complain if I get in trouble over it.)

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(

I did tell him that more minivan have broken my windshields then jeeps and his reply was that the ratio of jeeps on the road to minivans is low so yes more minivans are tossing up rocks just due to there are more on the road....

(I wouldn't be arguing with a cop who let me off from a speeding ticket with a fix-it for mud-flaps.

I think a "thank you, sir, have a great day" would be far more in order.)

Yes I did say thank you and have a great day...