My '07 KTM 990 Adventure

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I am dying to own an adventure bike!

Well, 500 pounds and 100 HP will put in situations where you think you're going to die! I had a few of those experiences last year... :eek: Clutch-up wheelies at 70 MPH, jumping a cattle guard on a dirt road at 100 MPH, charging up a very rocky hill that everyone on smaller bikes had to push up.... it'll scare you!

I think the KTM LC8 is an amazing bike, it's hard to explain how well it works offroad. It's a large bike when you toss a leg over, it, but as soon as you start rolling, it feels like it's half it's weight. I'm coming up on 2 yrs of ownership and with me that's a pretty big deal, if there was ANYTHING that bothered me about the bike, it would be gone.

Greg

Admin
Very nice. I've been looking into the Cyclops bulb(s) for my 640.. Seems to be the way to go.

I don't think you can go wrong with them, it's a massive improvement in light AND since it's an LED it uses less power, so you have more amperage to spare for heated grips, the GPS, etc.

Since you mention bulbS, I will say that my Cyclops bulb has 2 settings apparently, it puts out even more light on High than Low, in addition to the high beam bulb. My high beam is still a halogen bulb and I see no reason to upgrade it now.

Greg

Admin
Bike is looking good Greg. I'm interested to see how those tires work for you.

Thanks Chad. I think those tires will be pretty good all around tires for bigger dual sports, but they'd be pretty good on a DR650 as well. I'll be sure to update the thread with how they do on road, in the dirt and how many miles I get out of the.

Hard for me to say, how is your stock bulb and how much night riding are you going to do? You can expect a substantial improvement over stock, but that bulb costs almost 2x what mine did... $65 was pretty easy for me to justify.