My Lizard Is Limp

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
:eek: Ok ok, so it's not what you think!

I was installing a telephone line today when my machine pulled an old roll of tar paper out of the ground...and then I saw something else! It was a little salamander!! Unfortunately he got pulled up as well and got some carnage to boot. One of his legs got yanked off:eek: I put him in a box and took him home, we got a tank and some crickets and whatnot and called the pet store. They said he should pull through just fine. So, my kids have a pet, and I have a story and a guilt complex for crippling a salamander.

mr_blove

ask me if I care
at least your is alive, mine died last week so we got another and this one is freak'n mean he wants to take off my fingers:eek: .

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
mr_blove said:
at least your is alive, mine died last week so we got another and this one is freak'n mean he wants to take off my fingers:eek: .
Any salamander owner tips, ya know, from one salamander owner to another?:D

mr_blove

ask me if I care
yellowbronco said:
Any salamander owner tips, ya know, from one salamander owner to another?:D

I actually dont have a salamander I have a savanha monitor, mean little bugger. I had a salamander when I was young I just remember keeping them moist and feeding them all the worms that I could dig up.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
well now!

Monitors and salamanders are wholly different vegetables entirely! Salamander tries to take your finger off it's funny and tickles... Monitor tries that jazz and you're bleeding and full of puncture wounds!!!!

Zoikes!!!

Brad J

mr_blove said:
yeah but he's just a little monitor.....................................for now

I had a mean savanah monitor also that would spray me when I picked him up and also wanted to eat me alive. I didn't shed a tear when he went to monitor heaven;) I do miss watching him eat though. Anything he would eat was a real show. Mine would only eat mice. I hope he gets tammer but I doubt he will. Maybe if you hold him w/ meat slicing gloves:rofl: My friends monitor was HUGE 3' long and heavy too:eek:

We did have a newt for a day that swam under a log in the aquarium and never came back up for air. What's the difference between a Newt and a Salamander?

Last edited:

mr_blove

ask me if I care
Brad J said:
We did have a newt for a day that swam under a log in the aquarium and never came back up for air. What's the difference between a Newt and a Salamander?

maybe the intelligence level. yeah I am trying to hold him but is hard when every time you try to get a better hold of him and he gets a little movement he tries to do a swan dive outta my hand. My last one was really nice, not to smart though casue he pulled a Gaundi........till he died

yellowbronco

Cuts Through Grease !!!
olywrestle said:
who do you install telephone lines for?
CenturyTel down here in SW Colorado, it's pretty decent work. I like getting to play on equipment and dig stuff up. Besides the salamander I have also dug up a dog and a cat...but they were dead.:sick:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
it might grow its leg back, you never know. i had a salamander named stephan, he was huge and liked to eat pinky mice, large crickets and worms. they need standing water or an always moist substrate and a place to hide for sure.

xj_punk said:
it might grow its leg back, you never know. i had a salamander named stephan, he was huge and liked to eat pinky mice, large crickets and worms. they need standing water or an always moist substrate and a place to hide for sure.
So far no new leg, but he's fairly spastic. Did yours wag his tail at you? Happy (the salamander) gets totally stoked when we come over to his aquarium and he'll start wagging his tail. Very bizarre, but I've never had a salamander before so maybe this is normal??

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
BroncoMama said:
So far no new leg, but he's fairly spastic. Did yours wag his tail at you? Happy (the salamander) gets totally stoked when we come over to his aquarium and he'll start wagging his tail. Very bizarre, but I've never had a salamander before so maybe this is normal??

mine never wagged his tail, but he knew i brought the food so he would always come out when i came around