My new ride... a Lexus?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Did I hear you corectly in a previous post that you would rather have BFG A/T's over the KM2 M/T???

I need to buy tires this week and I'm trying to decide if I should get the M/T's again or go with the A/T's. (M/T's wernt very good in the bad weather around town.)

Yeah... I think the KM2's will be great in Moab on dry rock and in gnarly, difficult terrain, but in snow and mud the KM2's do not hold lateral traction. I've already had a few sketchy moments when the vehicle slid sideways at the worst possible time. These places were spots that I'm sure AT's would have held their line. My old FJ80 had BFG AT's and they worked quite well on it. I ended dropping the air pressure down to 6 PSI to get me out of a bad spot and maintain lateral traction, which IMO is too low for most trail use.

Today the KM2's were working hard and really digging into that snow and when they'd finally bite the ground, I was able to move forward. I will admit that they were impressive at that point, but as much as they slip sideways and cause unnerving moments, that makes me dis-like them.

I'm a big fan of the BFG AT's... they aren't anything special, but they do everything well IMO. I will probably keep these KM2's on the LX450 until they wear out, since they are already on it and Winter is coming to an end. Once these wear out, I'll more than likely get a set of BFG AT's.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
You'll have to show me around this summer Greg. I'll have a slightly lifted XJ down there with Lockrights front and rear. Should be a fairly capable rig for some of CO's tamer trails.

ewander

I would love to have a JK, especially one put together like yours. If I could have afforded one, it would have been a very tough choice between the JK and the FZJ. With an older FZJ costing less than half of a JK, it was an easy choice. Maybe one day I'll be able to swing a JK, I'd really like to own one.

I'd like to see more of your JK, sounds like a good balance of drive-ability and trail prowess.

Here's a recent pic. I will have some better ones after President's day weekend in Moab. No vibrations on the highway, so far it has been good. (wow that is a tiny pic)

Attachments

• 15152_225472578922_600408922_4108736_991568_s.jpg
    15152_225472578922_600408922_4108736_991568_s.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 46

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
You'll have to show me around this summer Greg. I'll have a slightly lifted XJ down there with Lockrights front and rear. Should be a fairly capable rig for some of CO's tamer trails.

Would be nice if we could finally get together this Summer! I think the XJ would be perfect for a lot of the stuff around here, there are MANY places to explore nearby.

Here's a recent pic. I will have some better ones after President's day weekend in Moab. No vibrations on the highway, so far it has been good. (wow that is a tiny pic)

:cool: Looks great, I'll be keeping an eye out for the Moab pics in the future.