My Recent Adventure: Helicopter Flight

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
We took the young men from our ward on a helicopter flight.
We took off from Skypark Airport up into the hills above Bountiful, then circled around the Bountiful LDS Temple then back.

Check out the movie I made.
It was pretty incredible, I'd never been in a chopper before.

[video=youtube;jW-FTvrh9TE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jW-FTvrh9TE[/video]

Watch in 1080p for best results and please rate and subscribe. :D

Hope you guys dig it.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Super cool video. But I dont suppose many people want your music collection.

Thanks, I like my music. It's hard to find any interesting music that YouTube won't block

I happen to like Bright Light Bigger City. How did you arrange the flight and how much did it cost you?

You can arrange flights through the Skypark Air Terminal. We had flight time donated for the youth. Hopefully it will inspire some of these boys. Evidently we will need more pilots as majority of the existing workforce retires off over the next 10 years.

Sweet video, and I love all the music. I want your music collection. :)

Thanks. Lots of editing to get it to be interesting to watch.

Being a heli ski guide was probably the funest job I ever had, landing on remote peaks to ski pow and getting payed to do it...awesome!

Tracy, didn't know you did that. Someday I'll go Heli boarding. Where did you guide?

mombobuggy

Ok i am sorry about my comment about your music. Glass houses and all. I dont suppose my music is in any danger of being taken myself. I am envious of the flight. And would love to take my webelos some time.

mombobuggy

:(
Cool video. Helo rides are better when planned!!!
Exactly, When air med scooped me up I told the nurse that I had always wanted to ride a helicopter but not this way. It broke my heart when they later died in the line of duty. Not all angels fly with feathered wings.

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I don't remember if that was before or after my ride. But that sort of news is NEVER welcome. My hats off to all that do that work...

:(
Exactly, When air med scooped me up I told the nurse that I had always wanted to ride a helicopter but not this way. It broke my heart when they later died in the line of duty. Not all angels fly with feathered wings.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
You can arrange flights through the Skypark Air Terminal. We had flight time donated for the youth. Hopefully it will inspire some of these boys. Evidently we will need more pilots as majority of the existing workforce retires off over the next 10 years.

This is a lie that that the flight schools try to hook potential students with, trust me; I was >this< close to becoming a helo pilot. With the amount of military veteran pilots over the last decade there are little to no opportunities. Hard to compete with the flight hours and experience of our veterans.