Nate’s longterm tiny shop build

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Painting sucks. Ryan lost his paint sprayer that I was going to borrow so I just started rolling it today. Cutting it in took me forever- that’s where the sprayer would’ve been amazing. Anyhow, I just got done with the primer coat. This Sherwin Williams stuff better be amazing cause it was $$$.

Also, rolling the ceiling just showered me with drops of paint, no matter how slow or careful I was. I’m COVERED 🤣IMG_4308.jpegIMG_4309.jpeg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Looks good, freckles!

Not that YOU would need them, but I have a pair of drywall stilts that make painting and cutting in high places a breeze if you want to try them.

N-Smooth

I hardly got any time in the shop but I managed to finish and test all 30-something outlets. That feels like a pretty solid win. I wanted to get more done but the wife needed help with a whole truck-load of mulch, a new ceiling fan and vanity lights in a bathroom. I was thinking I’m just a really great husband, doing this for no other reason than to help her out but then I remembered…
IMG_4427.jpeg
…I just like to look at (and touch) her butt 🤣🤣🤣

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Which one did you go with? I've been wanting to do one on one of my bay doors that I drive in and out of a lot. Looking good Nate! What's left?

N-Smooth

Which one did you go with? I've been wanting to do one on one of my bay doors that I drive in and out of a lot. Looking good Nate! What's left?
It’s a Liftmaster LM8500. It’s quiet and FAST. It has the deadbolt lock and MyQ built-in. I had them leave off the Bluetooth light as I may not mount it at all. We’ll see. Also didn’t have them mount the keypad on the outside because I’m not sure I even want/need one. I wanted MyQ to match my attached garage openers, it’s nice.

The door is a Martin to match the attached. They’re made in Utah which is neat and are a pretty nice product. The door is insulated and has seals all the way around which should be good for the mini-split situation.

I think my favorite part is an idea my uncle gave me. I put the extra clicker they gave me on the wall inside the man-door on the attached garage. So I can open the shop as I walk out. Super simple but not something I would’ve thought about.

N-Smooth

I went out of town Friday afternoon and just got back a few hours ago. I was just showing my buddy the door and it stopped working. Lol. The opener is just spinning on the rod so I expect tightening the bolts would resolve it but I’m not doing it. Hopefully they send someone out ASAP. Yay and stuff