National Public Lands Day Service Projects?

odyseuss

I am looking to make plans for National Public Lands Day. I haven't heard of any service projects yet but maybe there are some out there in the planning stages. There are usually a few put together by groups like U4WDA. Unfortunately I haven't heard back from anyone there yet. So I thought I would check here and see what plans might be in the works as I am definitely interested in participating in some sort of service event for NPLD.

If you know of anything in particular being planned or have contact info for anyone that is planning anything in particular, please let me know. I'm probably not the only one curious about this but maybe I missed the memo. In which case, maybe some one could PM me the TPS report again.:D

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've been in recent contact with the volunteer rep in American Fork Canyon for NPLD. We are going to attempt to stain the fence at Graveyard Flat and do some fence repair on 085. I'll update as more details develop.

ricsrx

My Little Moab event was alittle ilprepared last year.

I wouldnt mind doing it again.

Thanks to Kevin, Mesha and families for comming out.

It just so happend that after we finished cleaning up, a Jeep club of 12 vehicles and about 25-30 people showed up......

TPS report.jpg

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

Thanks to Kevin, Mesha and families for comming out.

It just so happend that after we finished cleaning up, a Jeep club of 12 vehicles and about 25-30 people showed up......

We did dig a crazy amount of trash out of those rills didn't we?

I think I'll probably be up the canyon doing whatever Kurt scrapes up this year. I try to alternate NPLD events between the mountain and the desert. :)

RogueJeepr

Here!

View attachment 93660

Id like to try and make it out to Lil Mo, havent been there in awhile.
What should I bring besides garbage sacks ?

Funny , I was in that group from jeepforum.
It looked alot better than the last time I was there.

Last edited:

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
NPLD events

This is what I am aware of at this time.
AFC - see above
Little Moab - See above
Hog Canyon Kanab - See Don Black
5 Mile pass - RME
Northern Wasatch - U4
Little Moab - see above
U4 will be furnishing T-shirts this year so make sure you post how many people will be at your event.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Lets throw up a Roll-Call for Lil Moab. PM me and we'll make this the list .
1.) Ricsrx
2.) Modstock
3.)
4.)

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
Has anybody been out to Lil Mo recently and can tell us of any trash thats there (how big and where) ?

Maybe if anyone wanted to do a quick scout run with me out there. I can be out till midnight tonight or a possible run tomorrow ??? Post up im ready.

RogueJeepr

Here!
Todays trip report.
Went to Lil Mo and it had some litter in the usual places (rock sets # 1, 2, and 3). Then I turned to go up to the main rocks and decided to check out this little set off to the right before the main rocks but just after ya turn off the main road.
The fire pit was full of cans and there was a semi truck bumper used for shooting practice.
Thats about the only big thing we saw but didnt make it up to the main rocks .

odyseuss

NPLD events

AFC - see above
Little Moab - See above
5 Mile pass - RME
Northern Wasatch - U4
Little Moab - see above
U4 will be furnishing T-shirts this year so make sure you post how many people will be at your event.

Thanks for the update. Is there any more information about the details of the 5 Mile Pass RME project.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Thanks for the update. Is there any more information about the details of the 5 Mile Pass RME project.

We're working on something, but the turnout for a cleanup has been progressively weaker each year... it's hard to commit to tackling a big project when less than 10 RME members showed up last year.

If we do something at 5 Mile Pass it won't be a cleanup, but rather trail work.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
NPLD events

AFC - see above
Little Moab - See above
5 Mile pass - RME
Northern Wasatch - U4
Little Moab - see above
MFFW and RR4W are doing work on the Steelbender trail.

odyseuss

Thanks Greg and Jack.

Please keep us posted Greg on if or what you do arrange as it may help to motivate, and facilitate participation. I am trying to spread the word and get the information out.