NEED a good transmission shop Salt Lake

erstanl

I had Chicks Transmissions rebuild a TH400 out of '79 CJ7 for me. They were fast, knowledgeable, and just plain cool guys to deal with. I would go there again.

Caleb

I highly recommend Trans-A-Matic...they did my T350 and they were priced VERY competively and they had it done in a day...mine wasnt just a standard rebuild, I had some aftermarket parts put in and a new first gear

harkinoff

something to do...
Supergper said:
I highly recommend Trans-A-Matic...they did my T350 and they were priced VERY competively and they had it done in a day...mine wasnt just a standard rebuild, I had some aftermarket parts put in and a new first gear

What did they charge? complete with T.C.?

ALF

SURE!?
I second Chicks They helped me get my trannie where it needed to be after Rocky Mountain did a Hack job on it it was quite a few years ago but I would never hesitate to go back to them again.

richpblaze

J&G it is

I checked Intermountain on the BBB web site and they have a dissatisfied customer that they have not taken care of . I called J&G they gave me a better price and did not try to sell me a shift kit, as did Intermountain. Thanks for the tip. :D

Caleb

harkinoff said:
What did they charge? complete with T.C.?

I cant remember exactly but it was about $350...no TC as I already had a brand new TCI one. Every other shop I spoke with wanted $600+ for the same minus the aftermarket parts (using all stock stuff).

RockPaws

It's All About Rocks!
I haven't used any of the above shops, but have used Tourist Transmissions in SLC, About 1000 S. State St. I have sent a number of customers to them with very good results (3 of them complete rebuilds). I also had them rebuild my Jeep ZJ transmission and installed a complete Transgo shift kit. Its been the best shifting ZJ transmission I've driven. They can also do other transmission performance upgrades.