Need a new cooler? Roto molded?

ID Bronco

I just saw these the other day. Are they any good?

Not sure on this one but for what it's worth I bought the Igloo one at sam's pretty similar and it works well. Way better than any regular coolers I've used, but not as good as I would expect from a really high dollar one like a Yeti (but they may not be as good as I think they should be!) I haven't used one. I paid $200 for mine and this looks just as good.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
There's a huge thread on expedition portal that's Makin everyone run out and buy them. A couple of guys tested them with great results.

RockChucker

I went and got one. Seems like a solid cooler. Just make sure to inspect before you buy. The deal for the lid is not continuous. Several I looked at had upwards of 1/2" gap where the ends should meet.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I went and got one. Seems like a solid cooler. Just make sure to inspect before you buy. The deal for the lid is not continuous. Several I looked at had upwards of 1/2" gap where the ends should meet.

I noticed that too. Mine is a nice and tight gap. I wonder what could be used to fill that gap efficiently.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Gander mountain sells a line of coolers very similar to these. Someone in that Portal thread said they are made in the same factory. The cool thing is, Gander mountain sells accessories and replacement parts for their coolers, and they've been verified to fit this Ozark Trail cooler.

I let my wife know this was a good Father's Day idea. She let me know picking it up was up to me! Did they have many left when you were there?

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
The Riverton Walmart has these on sale for $135. They have at least 23 of them. Very hard to find right now.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Tra...41744463143517689673&affillinktype=10&veh=aff

Looks like they had 23 a few days ago, might want to call and verify if you can actually get through and talk to someone.

I let my wife know this was a good Father's Day idea. She let me know picking it up was up to me! Did they have many left when you were there?

I picked one up after lunch. Looked like about 15 left in front and a couple back in sporting goods. Thanks for the tip on finding one without a gap in the lid gasket. Took opening up a few to find one.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Has anyone seen these in the stores lately? I'll admit I don't make it to Wal-Mart often and the website says they are out of stock. If I can find them I'd like to get a couple of the 52 quart size to use as pooled money wedding presents for my brothers.

I will say after lugging this around that it is heavy duty. Emphasis on the "heavy" after carrying it and our other coolers. I think it is great for a pickup bed - maybe overbuilt if you are going to put it in the vehicle and pull it in and out very often.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I never looked that hard after I posted because I polled my sibling on going in on them and didn't get much interest. Let us know though if you find them.