Need help with a job search.

airmanwilliams

I am in search for a night job and wondered if any of you had leads on one. I dont have certification but have run some forklifts before at a lumber mill in oregon and in a small parts warehouse at the chevron refinery. Most of my experience has been in retail being a courtesy clerk, frozen food manager, produce clerk, deli clerk and a few more. Right now im a Lot Tech at a dealership but only make $8 an hour which ive heard is the going rate for that position here in Utah but my 16 yearold brother scoops icecream in oregon and makes more than me. My son also has one more year at home before starting kindergarden so my wife would prefer to only have to teach part time so I am in very much need of a better paying job and with benefits if possible.

Please pm me or post up with ideas.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Hey, have you applied at Home Depot, Lowe's, Smith's, or the other bigger stores in our area? The typically need stock help in the evenings. Another thing you need to do is get over to LDS employment services by the DI, they can help you find a better job with benefits instead of working 2 jobs.

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
All of the traditional "part time" workforce businesses are about to get walloped by the Affordable Healthcare Act and have begun cutting back hours and staff... it's everywhere you go. Your best bet would be to get a better primary source of income.

The best income potential vs experience gigs would be sales positions.

We're looking for a lube rack tech but I can't guaranty your paycheck would be a lot bigger.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Check out the call centers.. Teleperformance is hiring right now (start around $11) for example.. also you live in Woods cross and are going to UVU? I take it you enjoy commuting...

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
You should also consider a company that offers tuition reimbursement. Toyota paid for a lot of my classes back in the day. Your school schedule is going to eliminate a lot of professional jobs. I see Fed X is hiring and they probably do offer reimbursement.

smartass_kid

best search site i've found is indeed.com. up to the minute, keyword searches, and radius by zip or city. not too bad to navigate but make sure to change settings to" most recent" at top.