Need help with part number shift lever

Mufasa_swap

I'm needing help to identify the part number for the body bushings for the 4x4 shifter lever. I've done a lot of visual searches and coming up blank. Of the four, this is the only one that is still intact.

2004 LJ

1689045879495.png

Last edited:

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Any different pictures of the bushing? I am not familiar with them, and can't tell jack squat from that one pic.

XJEEPER

As I understand, you're looking for the 4 rubber bushings that secures your factory 4WD shift linkage plate to the tunnel?

Jeep-Transfer-Case-Linkage-Bracket-Rod-Mount-4x4-52104017-Wrangler-TJ-Cherokee-193381470550-150x150.JPG

I've never been a fan of this linkage setup and a much better solution is the direct connected linkage replacement, such as the one linked here:
TeraFlex TJ/LJ TRANSFER CASE SHIFT LINKAGE ADAPTER KIT

XJ owners have more options for this replacement linkage, as Azzy Offroad and Boostwerks both make upgraded 4WD shift linkage solutions which eliminate the factory linkage and create a more positive engagement solution. I've run the Azzy Offroad linkage on my XJ for over 5 years and the shifts are always precise.
There are also some cable shifted t case activation options on the market.

Last edited:

Mufasa_swap

As I understand, you're looking for the 4 rubber bushings that secures your factory 4WD shift linkage plate to the tunnel?

Jeep-Transfer-Case-Linkage-Bracket-Rod-Mount-4x4-52104017-Wrangler-TJ-Cherokee-193381470550-150x150.JPG

I've never been a fan of this linkage setup and a much better solution is the direct connected linkage replacement, such as the one linked here:
TeraFlex TJ/LJ TRANSFER CASE SHIFT LINKAGE ADAPTER KIT

XJ owners have more options for this replacement linkage, as Azzy Offroad and Boostwerks both make upgraded 4WD shift linkage solutions which eliminate the factory linkage and create a more positive engagement solution. I've run the Azzy Offroad linkage on my XJ for over 5 years and the shifts are always precise.
There are also some cable shifted t case activation options on the market.
XJ - you hit the nail on the head with the picture!!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
The boostwerks kit is the best. I’m sure the other ones are comparable. It really makes shifting so nice and crisp it’s a must-have for me.

Mufasa_swap

It took a lot of searching but I found the following part number. I've searched several distributors and looks to be discontinued. Looks like I'm gonna have to find a work around.

1689127355177.png

XJEEPER

This is one of the reasons that I suggested moving away from the stock setup. And once you have a direct connected linkage in place like the one's shared above, you'll realize how clunky and sloppy the stock linkage setup really is.