Need to borrow, beg, or as a last resort rent a trailer

Nate R

It's derby season!
I am in desperate need of a low trailer with a dovetail for next weekend Aug 7th-10th. I need to haul my roadster out to the salt flats for speed week out in Wendover. I had a trailer lined up, but the car is way too low to get it there. Can someone in RME land help me? I would need to pick it up Thursday. I have to have it out there Friday and then can have it back any time Saturday or Sunday. The car is really light, probably less than 1500 pounds so a lighter duty trailer would be fine as long as it has a dove tail.

Thanks!

-Nate

Nate R

It's derby season!
That may be very helpful if I can't find a trailer. I will let you know!

Here is the car I need to haul. I may just have to drive it, but it's soooo hot out there with no top.

Last edited:

Nate R

It's derby season!
Drive the tow rigs rear tires up on ramps. The rear of the trailer will be at ground level.

That would work for sure, but I have no idea what the conditions are out there when I need to unload it. I've never been, so I don't know what to expect. I'm willing to do anything to make this happen. Do you think the auto repair type ramps at autozone would be good enough?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Yeah, that's plenty high. Set the ramps on plywood scraps so they don't sink or unload on the pavement before entering the salt

blznnp

I don't have the prettiest trailer around, but I haven't had any problems with it, just towed down to moab with my blazer and not a single problem. has a section of board missing. You are welcome to come by and look at it if you want. I am in west jordan also.

little off topic but thats a sweet roadster man, hopefully I see you cruising around west jordan with it. was a couple like it at a car show yesterday at veterans memorial field.

Nate R

It's derby season!
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. We are basically neighbors. I recognize your Blazer. I'm about a block west in the upper neighborhood.

blznnp

really?? crazy. do you know Jimmy with the jeep on 42's? your welcome to come down and look at it tonight if you want, its sitting out front.

Nate R

It's derby season!
I haven't ever met him, but know the jeep. He's on the street behind me. I shoulda looked at it a little closer when you were sitting on the side of the road today. However I was looking at your blazer and missing my old rock crawler for just a minute.

I'm heading home now, I'll drive by and take a look.

blznnp

Sounds good. Just got it back from getting a roll cage done inside it. Feel free to look at it. Just let me know. The ramps are only 3-4 feet but I'm sure we could figure something out to get it on. Or get the ramps from chevycrew

blznnp

We can definitely try it out. Just let me know. Hope you didn't knock on the door, we are in the backyard so I wouldn't have heard

Nate R

It's derby season!
I just drive by....I'm lazy! Haha. Thanks man. I have a buddy that is a uhaul dealer so I am going to give him a call and see what those run as well. I have also thought about doing it old school hot rod and put a tow bar on it.:rofl:

blznnp

Ha, that would be interesting to see that be flat towed. A guy in the upper neighborhood has talked about a car show for our development since there are a good amount of hot rods, classic cars. I'll let you know if anything happens

Nate R

It's derby season!
They tried a car show before....I forgot about it and didn't go:rofl: I have a horrible memory when it come to car shows. I miss more than I go to.

Nate R

It's derby season!
Thanks for the offer for ramps and the use of a trailer. I have made the decision to rainex the windshield in case it rains and drive it out there with the caravan that is heading out Friday morning.

-Nate

I have some ramps to drive the tow rig up on if you want to use them. I also have some foldable ATV ramps that might work if the rod isn't too heavy. I've had to do all of the above to get cars on my trailers before. My new one is even higher than my old one, I actually had to use blocks to get my stock supercrew up on it last month.