Netflix making a murderer

Jesser04

Is anyone else watching this series? My sisters turn me on to it I'm a little over have way through. If you haven't seen make the time it's very interesting to say the least. If you are watching it lets here your opinion did Steven do it?

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I binged watched this over Christmas. I don't know if he killed her or not, but I am a firm believer that most the evidence was planted against him.

Jesser04

I binged watched this over Christmas. I don't know if he killed her or not, but I am a firm believer that most the evidence was planted against him.

I believe the they planted a ton of evidence to frame him. At the end of the day I believe some one who lived on the property did it. I find it hard to believe that someone killed here and took her back to the wrecking and burned her body and hid the car without the fear of getting caught.

Marsh99

I completely agree. I think it could have been someone else on the property or a cop acting on his own discretion. Bottom line someone wanted Avery to take the fall for the murder. I think his biggest defense is that he was a simple man living in a cluttered home. Their is no way he would be able to clean the house and or garage of all the DNA that would be left from raping, stabbing, and shooting someone in 2 days without someone knowing about it.

Jesser04

I completely agree. I think it could have been someone else on the property or a cop acting on his own discretion. Bottom line someone wanted Avery to take the fall for the murder. I think his biggest defense is that he was a simple man living in a cluttered home. Their is no way he would be able to clean the house and or garage of all the DNA that would be left from raping, stabbing, and shooting someone in 2 days without someone knowing about it.

I don't think it took 2 days and I don't think anything happen in the garage or the house. I think he killed her and raped her in the wrecking yard somewhere between 3-5 and burned her body in the quarry. He had the bonfire to insure that no one would come across the burning barrel in the quarry. The tires in the barrel with her would have burned for hours. He had no choice but to mix her in the burn pit to try and hide her.

Marsh99

Is this a true story/documentary or fictional?

It is a Netflix original documentary series. Summary from IMDB.com: Filmed over a 10-year period, Making a Murderer is an unprecedented real-life thriller about Steven Avery, a DNA exoneree who, while in the midst of exposing corruption in local law enforcement, finds himself the prime suspect in a grisly new crime. Set in America's heartland, the series takes viewers inside a high-stakes criminal case where reputation is everything and things are never as they appear.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I started watching it before Christmas, fell asleep. I'll have to give it another go..... but I've been binge watching Shameless so

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
yes! Not reading this thread in case of spoilers, which is also why I haven't done any research on the guy. This documentary is exceptional. I think I'm on episode 6.

ricsrx

i started on it the day after it was released, got to episode 7 and stop watching because it was so unbelievable, even though it is all true.... that dude has been jacked up by the legal system

Marsh99

i started on it the day after it was released, got to episode 7 and stop watching because it was so unbelievable, even though it is all true.... that dude has been jacked up by the legal system

Jacked up by the legal system, and he even a had in my opinion legit lawyers that he paid with his wrongful imprisonment settlement. It makes me wonder how a guy without a couple 100k$ can get a fair trial now a days.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Because of this thread I sat down and binge watches this series today. What I most take from this is that the saying of innocent until proven guilty is not a reality in our legal system. He was definitely having to prove his innocence against some pretty circumstantial evidence.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Because of this thread I sat down and binge watches this series today. What I most take from this is that the saying of innocent until proven guilty is not a reality in our legal system. He was definitely having to prove his innocence against some pretty circumstantial evidence.

Same here, we watched it over 3 days though.

I think Steven is guilty of the murder, 18 yrs in prison has to wear on a guy and give him some bad thoughts & ideas. Being around other guys that have acted out and done similar stuff HAS to have an effect on a guy, guilty of the first crime or not. If he didn't do it, why did Brendan go to the police in the first place? He started backpedaling pretty quick, saying that he made it up, but he had a lot of details that sounded pretty accurate. And Brendan is an idiot, just willing to agree with whatever anyone tells him... the cops, his first lawyer all coerced and manipulated him into a confession. The funny stuff with the local sheriff was fishy, but I doubt they'd go as far as planting a BODY on Steven's property.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'm into episode 4 now. This is unbelievable.
-The statements made by Brendan are so completely pushed on him. Any chance he gets to talk to his mom, he tells her he didn't do anything. These guys are so ill-educated, that I think the only thing they have in common is the truth they tell each other.
-Iffin something had gone down in the trailer, where is the blood/sex fluids/etc.

So far, I am sure there is crooked cops. I believe the key was planted by those cops from '95.
Who killed here, I don't know.

The kid had nothing to do with it.

Edit: With the cut open evidence box of blood, this has gotten a LOT more interesting!!

Last edited:

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I started watching too. :D Finished episode 3 last night. Bad cops that go back 20 years? I don't know. The kid knows nothing and everything he says or the cops make him say should be thrown out. Looking forward to watching more.

Has anyone finished watching it? Will there be more seasons or does it finish with what we have now? I'm not ready to commit to many seasons of watching all these stupid people to find out what happened.