New tires

Jeeptj98

Looking to buy some new tires the issue is I’m stuck buying them from Sam’s club (have a bunch of gift cards there most of the cost will be covered for the tires). Because of this I’m limited on what I can buy. It’s going on a 2024 jeep wrangler. The jeep will be used for off road and a ton of city driving (daily driver). Because of it being a daily driver thinking of going more all terrain style vs an MT tire. What do you think is better the BFG KO2 or the Toyo Open Country AT3? I know I could be opening a can of worms with this question but legit need some feedback

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Both good choices. Choose whichever is cheaper, has the longest mileage warranty, or you like the looks of. Performance is going to be similar.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I'm in love with the AT3s. I put them on the wife's '99 4Runner and they were great so I've since run them on an '01 F150, and an '03 Excursion, all daily drivers/weekend wheelers. They replaced KO2s on the Excursion, and Grabber AT2s on the F150, and were solid upgrades. The tread life is great, the road manners are impeccable, the snow/ice traction is the best of any AT I've owned, and they've hooked up everywhere I've asked them to except deep mud.

If those two were my choices I'd take the AT3 every time and not even think about it.

Coco

I personally like the Falken Wildpeak AT4w. They are the new version of the AT3w, but have a 60K warranty, from the 55K the AT3 was. That is my first choice.

Second choice would be the Toyo AT3, and last choice (for me) would be the BFG. The BFG is old tech and has not been updated in probably 10+ years, plus they are made by Michelin, and they really like to dry rot out quicker than other mfgs out there. The other options are newest tech and better IMHO. They are not 3PMSF rated either, where the others are.

You can also look at the Falken Wildpeak RT, or Toyo RT Trail for an in between AT and MT. Both are great tires.

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
The last two sets if tires I have bought are the BFG and the Toyo. I like them both. On a heavy truck, I won't run BFG AT's any more they are bald in under 30k miles. The AT3's are on my F350 and have no noticeable wear in over 10k miles. I just put BFG AT's on my tacoma and they are great on that truck. For a Jeep, I think you will be happy with either.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I personally like the Falken Wildpeak AT4w. They are the new version of the AT3w, but have a 60K warranty, from the 55K the AT3 was.

I liked my AT3's on my 3/4 ton Chevy, they did great in the snow, wore very well and handled a heavier truck just fine.

If it were one of the two choices, I would have recommended it.