New wheels

ID Bronco

I'm looking to get new wheels for a 2003 GMC 2500hd Dmax.

I currently have 17s but since it's time for tires, I was thinking of going to 18's. Do any of you have a favorite or a great deal on something? It's a hunting and tow rig. It will likely get some Mickey Thompson's on it.

Black or shiny, I'm could go either way. It's a white truck.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Coco

Point S stores are doing the Toyo Time rebate (Up to $150 off a set of 4) currently. It isn't a buy 3 get 1 free this year like in years past (thanks to COVID) but check out some of the Point S stores in your area. I am sure they can help you with wheels as well.

ID Bronco

Point S stores are doing the Toyo Time rebate (Up to $150 off a set of 4) currently. It isn't a buy 3 get 1 free this year like in years past (thanks to COVID) but check out some of the Point S stores in your area. I am sure they can help you with wheels as well.
I appreciate that, I just had an alignment done in IF and they were about $400 more per set on the toyo's than everything else I had looked at. They also did not mention the toyo rebate.

The Point S stores here have mowers, Husky bikes and all sorts of toys so they seem more interested in those things than tires. They knew almost nothing. Maybe I will see if someone else can really help me there.

Coco

Wow, that is interesting. I didn't know they would/were branching out into other stuff. Being part of the Co-Op, I would think they would be doing tire/autmotive repairs and tires versus the other stuff.

Though, that being said I know there is a Point S here up north that does a LOT of Ford Raptor builds.

ID Bronco

Wow, that is interesting. I didn't know they would/were branching out into other stuff. Being part of the Co-Op, I would think they would be doing tire/autmotive repairs and tires versus the other stuff.

Though, that being said I know there is a Point S here up north that does a LOT of Ford Raptor builds.
What is your opinion on size if I change wheels? 18's (which I think look better) or 20's for longevity and tire pricing?

Coco

What is your opinion on size if I change wheels? 18's (which I think look better) or 20's for longevity and tire pricing?
I went up a size on my personal truck to 18". Really, either would be a great option for you, I personall just prefer more tire sidewall than wheel. However, we install lots of 18s and 20s on all makes an models of trucks. :D