New Years in Moab

SloPoke

Scoutabout, Meat_ and I headed out to Moab for the Holiday weekend. After a long day getting out there... we ended up running a few trails - Fins n Things, Kane Creek, Hey Joe Canyon, Strike Ravine and part of Behind the Rocks.

A few pics are posted here

Meat_

Banned
New Years in Moab with the Steves

Steve Edmunds and Steve Jackson were nice enough to invite me on their trip to Moab. I raz them a lot about sleeping all the time and wheeling slow.... but they really don't mind.... because it's true. :rofl:

I was looking forward to this trip because with the rigs we had we would be running easier trails, trails that I have not seen before since I'm always with the buggy group.

Anyway, after much foot dragging we finally hit the road at 3:45pm on New Years Eve. Other than the mexican's party next door to us town was pretty much dead. Steve E made it to 1am, Steve J and I were up until 03:20. I'd had enough of trying to sleep by 07:30, and I finally made enough noise for Steve E's dog to wake him up at 08:30, after some breakfast we left Steve J a note and headed out to run Fins.

We didn't seem to be too camera happy, but here's what I have.

Img_6204.jpg Img_6205.jpg IMG00015.jpg

After Steve J finally got his shock fixed (from a previous wheeling trip) we got a late start on Kane Creek (left town at 2:20pm)
Steve E shot the entire trail with a vid camera mounted in his window, including Steve J stucker than crap on the hard section in the dark... but I don't have those vids.

Here's a few from Kane Creek

Img_6206.jpg Img_6207.jpg Img_6209.jpg

Img_6213.jpg Img_6214.jpg

There was a good deal more snow towards the end, with about 4 inches on most of the shelf road :ugh:
We got back to town from Kane Creek a little bit before 9 :eek:

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Friday we got started on Hey Joe at about 1 IIRC

Shortly after the gate on the shelf road we ran into a big pile of rocks that had very recently fallen :ugh: We had to clear a lot of it to be able to squeeze by. There are no still pictures but there is a little bit in the video that Steve E shot for most of the trail.

We didn't get any pictures on the way in, most of the shelf road was covered in 4 inches of snow, and almost all of the narrow ass road along the river had 2~6 inches of snow on it.

Steve J all bundled for joy

Img_6216.jpg

At the mine..

Img_6219.jpg Img_6220.jpg Img_6222.jpg

Img_6223.jpg Img_6224.jpg Img_6225.jpg

Img_6229.jpg Img_6231.jpg Img_6232.jpg

Meat_

Banned
We parted ways with Steve J who needed to head home and we got back to Moab at 7ish....

Saturday morning since we were down to just the one rig..... we ran Coyote Canyon

:D

Img_6263.jpg Img_6264.jpg Img_6265.jpg

Img_6266.jpg IMG00017.jpg Img_6267.jpg

Img_6270.jpg IMG_6271.JPG IMG_6272.JPG

Img_6273.jpg

Last edited:

Meat_

Banned
Then we attempted Behind the Rocks tip toe, we got denied by snow at Nose Dive :(

Snapped a couple pics on the way back to town for lunch

Img_6278.jpg Img_6280.jpg

After lunch we headed out for Chicken Corners, but after realizing we would be very dark before we got there and seeing Dead Horse from Hurrah Pass we took a few pics and burned for Dead Horse at sunset.

Img_6287.jpg Img_6288.jpg Img_6290.jpg

We did run into a few other RME'rs, or at least Zee and the unnamed one.

IMG00020.jpg

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
looks cold. My bro was down there and also ran Hey Joe. Nor sure which day they ran it, but they would've been in a bunch of Rhinos.

cumminram

Seconds 2 Disaster
I wish I knew you guys were there, I was there with the rover buggy. friday we ran fins, and sat we froze our ass off in the west desert blasting around, I would have loved to hit some hard stuff with ya..

cool pics..

Attachments

• moab 117.JPG
    moab 117.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 14
  • moab1 010.JPG
    moab1 010.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
  • moab1 032.JPG
    moab1 032.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 14
  • moab1 021.JPG