Nissan Armada

jeepspeedtj

I am wondering how a Armada would do pulling my jeep on my trailer? My daughter is to big to fit in her car seat in the back of the dodge ram so we are looking to get into a new ride/tow rig. and my wife has taken fancy to a Armada so does anyone know if they tow ok?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've got a friend with one. He tows his two horse trailer sometimes with it. I kind of like it, but my wife didn't like the size vs. the Xterra. She's voting for the Xterra for her use, but it's not really a tow rig.

jeepspeedtj

I've got a friend with one. He tows his two horse trailer sometimes with it. I kind of like it, but my wife didn't like the size vs. the Xterra. She's voting for the Xterra for her use, but it's not really a tow rig.
I like the Armada as well but I hate trading in the diesel on a gasser suv. but the armada has some balls i was impressed with the power. But i think i would rather get a tahoe but i am a fan of American built autos.

C22

I owned a 2004 Armada and now have an Infiniti QX56 (same vehicle, shiny rims). My brother also owned a Nissan Titan. I've towed with all three and they do pretty dang good. I was impressed with the power and the transmission (5-speed auto). I would definitely want trailer brakes and a good brake controller if you're hauling a rig around. I'm not a huge fan of the IRS (independent rear suspension) but haven't had any issues yet. They are built decently, the only issue we've had on either was the brakes warping, but they had a major recall campaign and most/all of them were fixed.

I've also towed a bunch with an Chevrolet Avalanche that has the 5.3 and 4-speed auto (new '09's have a six-speed auto) and I would say the Nissan towed about the same or better (I think the Nissan's were a bit better as far as not wanting to hunt gears and the Nissan's just seem to have more power).

Good luck, drive a few Nissan's if you go that direction... our Infiniti seems like a completely different vehicle than the Armada (less rattles, noise, etc.) and they are both 2004's with the same miles (Armada was new and the Infiniti was used).

jeepspeedtj

I can also get into a Tahoe for less $ than a Armada also. With me being an unemployed student cheap is good.

C22

Gas mileage is a big win for GM. Our Armada and QX both suck in the gas mileage department. We can take a trip with my brother (2002 Suburban Z-71) or my dad (2008 Avalanche) and they will get 20 mpg... we get 16 tops it seems. Around town, we get 12-13, so that's a definite bonus on the GM products.

Resale... they are all bad. Buy a Toyota if you're concerned about resale, otherwise, buy a used rig and let someone else take the depreciation hit.

jdub

Scrambler
We tried to flat tow a Jeep behind a tahoe and it wasn't pretty. They have the motor to do the job but I don't know if they are meant to tow a lot due to the shorter wheelbase. The rear suspension is soft for comfort but that seemed to mean an uncontrollable load. Airbags would fix that I think. I want a suburban for the wheelbase.

rholbrook

I have an Expedition and love the way it tows. It also has factory air suspension on it. I have pulled over 8K pounds with it with no problem. It pulls my jeep and my boat great. Ask Steve how his Expedition pulled before his tranny went out.

we have an 07 Armada and have towed my old yj and my buggy with it many times with no complants. We did order it with the tow package and tow mirrors and our trailer has brakes. I towed the buggy from kingman az. to Rock Springs wy. when I bought it with no problems. Yes towing it gets crappy mileage, about 8mpg all the way for kingman but I had the cruise set at 80 the whole way. I also have a 98 ram 2500 diesel we tow with also but with 2 kids in car seats can't beat the room in the armada. Finally the quality on nissans can't be beat. We have had no problems at all with the armada and my wife had a 2000 frointer crew cab we run to over 100,000 miles and never had any problems. If you do buy an armada just make sure you get the tow package, the tranny is geared lower, larger cooler, air bags on rear, temp gauge ect.