NPLD report (Moab Friends-For-Wheelin)

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
We had a nice turn out this morning for our NPLD project, I think we had 17 volunteers plus a BLM ranger that helped out. We also had a visit from Juan Palma (Utah Stae BLM Director) and Shelley Smith (District BLM Director), which was nice. Our project was to improve the parking area at the Black Ridge Road turn off from Highway 191, which is a trailer parking area for Coyote Canyon and Behind the Rocks area. San Juan County graded the area for us a couple weeks ago, and today we installed several hundred feet of range fencing to define the parking area, and installed a kiosk that we built last week. We also used rocks to outline some vegetation areas, and picked up a lot of trash. While the BLM people were there, we took them up to Coyote Canyon to show them the trail and improvements we made earlier this year. Still don't have the actual signs yet for the kiosk, but we'll have them in a couple of weeks hopefully.

005.jpg
[/IMG]
015.jpg
[/IMG]
013.jpg
[/IMG]

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
:cool:

I met with Juan Palma earlier this year in regards to public lands, I felt he was receptive of the motorized community and shared our concern with land access. Glad to see him hanging with such a fine crew of folks!

sixstringsteve

it's too bad there aren't more young guys (under 30) on the scene helping you guys out. Someday you're going to have to pass the torch (although I don't see any signs of you guys slowing down), and I hope there's someone to pass the torch to.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
it's too bad there aren't more young guys (under 30) on the scene helping you guys out. Someday you're going to have to pass the torch (although I don't see any signs of you guys slowing down), and I hope there's someone to pass the torch to.

They all look pretty young to me

Oh, and well done folks...

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett

Haha, I agree! Seems like most of the younger folks in the club are supporting members from out of the area, and we don't see them all that often.

Oh well, I still feel like a kid (mentally, at least... sometime the body feels like its older than it is!)

Olaf

Supporting Member
Great job!!! I'm glad that some of the BLM officials came out to see work being done! You really set an example and leave an impression with them for the future! I wish I could've been to there to help!
I just arrived today for the Land Rover National Rally, and I'll be leading trails at AreaBFE on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.