NPLD SEPT. 24 2011

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
It is getting close to NPLD in September so clubs need to start planning what project they will do this year. If anyone would like help on what to do and do not have time to contact FS or BLM send me a PM and I will give you some suggestions.

Everyone should post here as to what they have planned so we can coordinate efforts.

ret32

...Everyone should post here as to what they have planned so we can coordinate efforts.
Utah 4x4 Club will be doing a project at Forest Lake.

Clubs, get your project registered with NPLD:
http://www.publiclandsday.org/
I went to register and the further I got in the process, the more it appeared that only officials from public land agencies should be posting projects. Does that seem correct? At any rate, I've emailed our Forest Service contact person and asked them to add it to the website.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
HubScratchers are cleaning up Main Canyon/Dry Canyon/ and Axehandle Canyon (where hanging tree trail is located) for 2011 NPLD. just finished registering tonight with NPLD.

we are doing this cleanup the weekend after, too many of our members have other commitments we cant get out of (including me going to my brothers wedding) so saturday October 1st is our project day.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Dirt Headz and Utah 4x4 Club, Gary from the PG Ranger District has not hear back from you guys regarding NPLD. Get with him if you would.

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
Everyone that led a group should post to npld@neefusa.org, the evaluation and the photo contest. If you do not have time send me the information and I will do the posting. This information needs to get to all clubs.

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 8:22 AM
To: j4x4jj@comcast.net
Subject: Thanks for Helping to Make NPLD a Success!

September 27, 2011 www.publiclandsday.org

National Public Lands Day Was a Success!

On Saturday, September 24 volunteers around the country came out to celebrate National Public Lands Day. They collected trash, cleared trail, removed invasive plants and restored historic buildings, playgrounds and school yards.

We are tallying up the final numbers of participants and sites, so if you hosted a volunteer event but never registered, please email us at npld@neefusa.org today!

Thank you to everybody that organized and participated.

Evaluate Your NPLD Event
Help us make next year's event even better!
Now that your event has concluded, help NPLD collect ideas, data and quotes. Information about your event will help us develop an even better event next year. With your help, NPLD will continue to be the nation's most successful volunteer event for public lands.

Evaluate Your Event Online!

Do You Have Great Photos of Volunteers?

Enter them into the NPLD Photo Contest

This year marks the 11th annual "Volunteers in Action" Photo Contest. The contest captures families, youth and site managers engaged in volunteer work on public lands across the nation.

The prizes include:
1st place: REI camping prize pack with a sleeping bag, 2-person tent with footprint and backpack (value approximately $600)
2nd place: REI 2-person tent, backpack, sleeping bag and water bottle (value approximately $175)
3rd place: REI sleeping bag, backpack and water bottles (value approximately $100)

For more information, including complete rules and eligibility, please visit the photo contest web page. The deadline for entries is November 10, 2011.

All photo contest entries must include a media release signed by each identifiable person in the photograph. Download the photo contest media release form (.doc).

No purchase necessary. All contest participants must be residents of the U.S. and meet all eligibility requirements. Void where prohibited.