Official NPLD: September 26th - Official Cleanup At 5 Mile Pass

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Ok guys and gals, we have 3 weeks until this project is setup. Mark it on your calendars!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
We will be happy to have you Tacoma:D Julee @ the BLM just called to verify the dumpster, so we are all set

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I did a scouting trip saturday on the atv to check out problem spots. I found about 6 areas that could use some help 4 minor and 2 major. The 2 major one is a collapsed portable shack that I think Joe told us about last year, but was more intact. Now it is just scattered about 300 feet in every direction. It has a large tin roof that is just big and mangled that will need to be cut up to haul and fit in the dumpster. I figure a couple sawzalls will take care of the roof pretty quick. The other areas are just basic trash and a couple burnt mattresses.

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
I just found out I have to work that saturday! :mad:
I'm still going to try and get out of it, but it looks like I won't be able to make it now....bastards

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Well i was thinking about doing the af canyon clean up but seems like we dont have to many coming out so I will be headed to 5mp instead. I will have two rigs and hands with me plus bring my two sons and they can pick up alot of trash for a dollar :)

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Well i was thinking about doing the af canyon clean up but seems like we dont have to many coming out so I will be headed to 5mp instead. I will have two rigs and hands with me plus bring my two sons and they can pick up alot of trash for a dollar :)

I have a dollar ready to go:D Not sure- it doesn't look like a lot of activity on here, but we will do the best we can. Remember every volunteer gets a spot in the free raffle that will be picked by random number generator by HERZOG himself!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Come on people! It's not that bad. Show up, clean up and wheel! I know there are a lot of people coming that have not posted, but the more we get the faster we get done. :)

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
Would it help if i were to bring my military jeep trailer to help pick up the trash. Its the small one that was pulled behind the old cj. Figured i could drag it around and people can throw the garbage in it then we can dump it later. The only thing i worry about is there somebody there that is driving a truck they wont be wheeling so that i can attach it so it dont get stolen when we hit the trail afterwords? I dont want to have to just chain it up but dont trust people out there when its such a small little trailer and easy to take. I already had that almost happen. Anyhow let me know

JoeT

Would it help if i were to bring my military jeep trailer to help pick up the trash. Its the small one that was pulled behind the old cj. Figured i could drag it around and people can throw the garbage in it then we can dump it later. The only thing i worry about is there somebody there that is driving a truck they wont be wheeling so that i can attach it so it dont get stolen when we hit the trail afterwords? I dont want to have to just chain it up but dont trust people out there when its such a small little trailer and easy to take. I already had that almost happen. Anyhow let me know

I did that last year, helps out alot. I'll bring my trailer again saturday.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
My girlfriend just pickep up garbage bags for us! Everybody remember to bring gloves, you always find some crazy stuff. I spotted a microwave when I was scouting the trip:rolleyes:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Thanks again everyone. It really shows that most wheelers are commited to helping save our recreation areas, when they show up on a good weather saturday to pickup trash instead of 4 wheeling. I was pretty excited to get that single wide cleaned up, which it looks so much better!