NPLD Warm-up Service Project Sept 22 Tintic Mtn Fence Removal

Estimated work time 10am to 2pm, with less people it may take longer. Or maybe we'll figure out a shortcut (I usually do) and it'll only take a couple hours.

I once pulled out a chain link fence, posts and all, by simply cutting the fence off the first post, attaching a chain to the top and bottom of the fencing, and then to a d-ring and strap to my jeep. Put it in granny low and just let it idle, pulling the fence out, posts and all. It was pretty boring, so I gave it a little throttle and put on a show. That would be fun to do here, but they already said no to that idea.

Edit: confirmed with ranger, no more than 4 hours, so 10am - 2pm

Last edited:
How'd the project go?

We exceeded expectations. The 3 volunteers met the 4 rangers and completely removed the section of fence east of the road during the first 2 hours. This was the basic goal of the trip.

The section on the west side was longer and we worked our way up the hill removing clips and speaders, but ran out of time before we could pull out all the posts and spool in the barbed wire.

My set of fence pliers were the bomb, and GIJohn's trailer was useful in transporting the pulled t-posts to the Vernon BLM fire station.

The chain saw got fired up, but we ended up just dragging the large offending tree off the fence with BC's jeep. The other offending fallen tree branches would break just by breathing on them, so no saws were required. JuLee and crew were happy with our work, and happy that we came out to do a project so close to NPLD.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
And the biggest benefit. I found a new canyon I need to explore more! I'll be back there soon! Frome what JuLee says (is that really how she spells it?) that canyon is awesome further up!