Nutty Putty Cave

waynehartwig said:
I can print them...;) My black and white will do 11x17, but my color box will only do 8-1/2x14.

While we certainly appreciate the offer, letter-folding even 1000 brochures by hand isn't very fun. Calculate what it would cost in materials (paper and ink carts) to print full color, front and back brochures, and donate that much towards brochure printing.

Even after we get 10,000 brochures printed and folded for $1000, we still need the manpower to get out and distribute them.

TigerStripe40

Arrogant Bastard
olywrestle said:
So if cavers can have this right, how come the state will not grant U4WDA the same right with roads? whats the legalities behind it?

Cavers work very closely with the BLM and the forest service.
They are also Conservation minded, as in they want to protect the cave resource. The BLM and Forest Service are ALSO conservation minded.

Cavers are also very active within their community because of their close relationship with the BLM and the Forest Service.

My 4x4 club pats itself on the back for doing 1 service project a year.

Caving groups do service projects all the time and think nothing of it.
In the month of may, the Utah Caving Grottos built and installed at least 4 gates. Mapped 3 caves. Removed Graffiti from 3 caves. Cleaned up trash in and around countless caves.

As a side note, the cave gates that were built were built by cavers, with materials and money for materials donated in large part by cavers.

SITLA granted permission for the Timpanogos Grotto to gate Nutty Putty, and the gate was completed within 2 weeks.

Cavers have a MUCH smaller community than the 4x4's do, however, they seem to accomplish MORE.