Off brand m/t tires

Jesser04

Does anyone have any experience with them? I have Toyo m/t's right now and I've been less than impressed with the noise and wear not to mention the price for replacing them. I'm tempted to give a set a try.

DToy

I used to run Mud Kings back in the day. I really liked them, but I don't think they make em anymore. Also ran a set of Dunlop Mud Rovers - they were really noisy, and while good in the snow and mud, they sucked on ice. I like the look of the Cooper STT's but have no personal experience with them. I've had a similar experience with the Toyo MTs. Have Goodyear Duratracs on my wife's Tahoe right now and love them, but they're not a budget tire.

Last edited:

Jesser04

Im talkin a little more off brand than Dunlop. This is one of about 6 different brands that are constantly on Ksl. How bad could they be? They cost about half as much I don't need tires just yet but it sure is tempting.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=36837268

rholbrook

Im talkin a little more off brand than Dunlop. This is one of about 6 different brands that are constantly on Ksl. How bad could they be? They cost about half as much I don't need tires just yet but it sure is tempting.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=36837268

I have been eyeing those as well. They look a lot like the ones that Diesel Sellerz have.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Said right on the diesel brothers show today their tires are made by Federal

Ill probably buy a set for my Superduty when work picks back up. Price is to good not to try

ChestonScout

Its a straight piped 7.3 powerstroke. Im not to concerned with tire noise. But ive never had a quiet toyo mt

That 1400 is mounted and balanced as well

Pile of parts

I ran a set of A/T offbrand that I found on KSL years ago. I too, found the price too tempting to pass up. They were on a Dodge 2500 Diesel. Didn't last very long at all. I'd be surprised if I got 30,000 miles (highway) driving out of them. I wish I could remember the brand to be more helpful but the only thing I do remember is that I won't do it again.

ChestonScout

Id be surprised to get 30k miles out of any at/mt tire under a one ton

My current set is procomp extreme at. Got 25k on them now and about done

rholbrook

I ran a set of A/T offbrand that I found on KSL years ago. I too, found the price too tempting to pass up. They were on a Dodge 2500 Diesel. Didn't last very long at all. I'd be surprised if I got 30,000 miles (highway) driving out of them. I wish I could remember the brand to be more helpful but the only thing I do remember is that I won't do it again.

Does any Dodge, especially MegaCabs get any kind of mileage out of a tire? Actually, not picking on Dodge, any 3/4 or 1 ton diesel truck get any kind of wear on a tire? Michelin dropped their mileage from 70K to 50K because of guys hauling 20K lbs and wearing the tires out quickly.

rholbrook

I wasn't doing very much today so I thought I would pay that place a visit. He claimed his brother had the Federals on his 1 ton and has 30K miles on them and they are just under half tread. He has only had to warranty one 33x12.50x20 because it was out of round. Has had zero issues with them. He says the customers love them in mud and snow but has had no reports of them being run in Moab on the rocks so he doesn't know what they will do there.

Based on the price for 5, I may give them a shot. Nothing else seems to last more than 30K miles for me lately. The last three sets of BFG's have not lasted long at all. I know I am done running any of those.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
my brother ran some off brand toyo copy on his cummins. Got 10,000 miles out of them.

I run the Kenda MT on my Colorado. I am split on them. I wouldn't count on them for more than the occasional real use.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
I put some cheap mud tires on my Disco. They are GT Radial Advernturo MT's. 265/75/16. I've had them for almost 2 years. They are getting pretty worn out. The sidewalls suck, I've lost two tires under warranty. I won't get them again.

If you want to do cheap tires, get Treadwrights. I've run a few pairs of those. The Guard Dogs are the best with the Bead To Bead retread. They last forever. I usually throw them away after 3 years and 60k miles. They usually have 40% of the tread left.

Just my opinion on cheap tires. I wish they had more tires for my truck. it eats 285/65/18's like candy. Its really annoying.