Jeep OG Gladiator

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I pressure washed this poor thing, blasting 20 years of dirt & dust off. It was pretty nasty, the seat cleaned up pretty well. There was a bunch of dirt on the engine too, cleaned it up to make working on it easier.

I got a replacement ignition switch with a key and popped it in place, checked power and it was all good to go. Spent quite a bit of time trying to get this thing running... it turned over, but had no spark when I got it. I replaced the points & condenser, cap & rotor, plug wires, spark plugs and finally a new coil. It has a good, strong spark after the maintenance & upgrades. While the plugs were out, I squirted two shots of Marvel Mistery Oil down the cyls, to help lube up the rings, break them free and help seal the rings when turning over.

i-CWhx7rd-X4.jpg

i-cLLSptQ-X4.jpg

i-WCMv9r9-X4.jpg

With a fully charged battery and the battery charger connected with the highest amperage, gas down the carb and a shot of ether, it turns over OK and kind of wants to fire... it sounds like one or two cyls are trying to light up, but the rest aren't lighting off.

The starter is slow to spin the engine over, but it should be enough to get it started. Kinda depressing, I really wanted to hear this thing roar to life today! A new starter is around $250.... I think I'll try it, but don't want to spend much more money on getting the AMC 327 running.